drugin' | fourteen.

August 4, 2018

               Manhattan, New York

               Manhattan, New York. Her pair of white leather heeled ankle boots touches the sidewalk when she steps out of the black Cadillac Escalade along with Sino, her assistant Julie, and road manager Jasmine. She's fresh off tour and had to immediately fly to New York appear on The Breakfast Club. She turned it down while on tour to focus, but now she's finally here. She approaches the skyscraper building when paparazzi appears with a camera.

"Shantey, what is the story behind you and Millie?" The man asks, referring to Dave's other baby mother.

"Never heard that name in my life." Shantey pettily replies as Sino opens and she walks in with her assistant and road manager. They walk onto the elevator and pressed the button to the specific floor.

"Any luck with the homeless shelters?" Shantey asks Julie. Since finding out about her best friend Amanda being released from prison two years ago, she's been having her assistant calling every homeless shelter in her hometown Tulsa, Oklahoma.

Julie shakes her head and says, "none of them. No one with her name or the description you gave me. I called women shelters, too. No luck there either. I was thinking of trying somewhere else, but... I don't know how you would handle it."

"Handle what?" Shantey asks out of curiosity.

"The morgues." Julie says, and Shantey's heart drops at the sound of the word. She couldn't even describe how she'd feel finding out her best friend died. No matter how many years ago.

The elevator doors dings open. Shantey clears her throat and says, "call them. All over. The ones in OKC, too." then, she walks off the elevator. She puts on her poker face for The Breakfast Club hosts. Shantey is sat in the chair most celebrity sits in; between Charlamagne and Yee.

The man countdown informing when they'll be on air. He points and Dj Envy introduces everyone as he does in every interview. "Morning everybody! It's Dj Envy, Angela Yee, Charlamagne the God and we are The Breakfast Club. We have a special guest in the building, Shantey Ledé. Welcome."