drugin' | forty one.

November 15, 2019

               "Big Boy Neighborhood," THE RADIO HOST GREETED into the microphone

               "Big Boy Neighborhood," THE RADIO HOST GREETED into the microphone. "All right now, it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood. Shantey Ledé here with us in the neighborhood finally. How long has it been since you been here wit us?" Big Boy questioned as he looked at Shantey, who was seated across from him; grinning and wearing the headphones on her head.

"Man," Shantey thought for a moment, "since my first album... It's been a while. But I'm here and I'm back."

"Yes you are ... With some news that shocked the world." Big Boy pointed out, referring to the visible protruding stomach of hers in her orange top. "You announced to the world on Twitter that you're having your third child. That had to be one of the most comebacks to social media ever! That gotta go down in history. It was trending number one for days and became the most liked post. What made you announce the news on social media?"

Shantey breathed deeply from her nose. "I've been in the blogs for a minute now with the craziness goin on with my own blood. I was so tired of the negative surrounding my energy. I needed something different and revealing good news. So, I done the post and let my fans know about my mini coming in March."

"My question is . . . How?" Big Boy chuckled, "How in the hell did you pull off the outfits you wore on yo tour without nobody knowing? I mean it's not like you were wearing baggy clothes."

"See, that wasn't easy." Shantey admitted with a chuckle. "My other surprise for my fans is I filmed my tour with MTV giving everyone a look into that. I wanted to wear outfits my fans wouldn't question since I'm known for dressing that way. My fans are smart and if I woulda came out in baggy clothes, they definitely would've been questioning that. So, I told my style team let's do something like the norm, but cover enough to hide the bump. We pulled it off."

"They sure did because no one had any idea."

"None," she shook her head, "Being in this industry you don't really get the advantage to reveal news yourself. It's always being revealed for you. I needed to reveal that for myself."