drugin' | twenty five.

May 26, 2019

It's after one in the afternoon in California

Scent of brown sugar body wash breezes out from the foggy bedroom conjoined to her master suite since Shantey finishes showering a few minutes ago. She moistures her body in shea butter lotion with her hair damp, curly in a bun.

Shantey dresses her body for the afternoon into black Boohoo Ribbed Ruched long sleeve crop top and khaki tie-belt high waisted shorts covering her navel. She slides her feet into a pair of toe loop flat sandals before she heads downstairs.

She hears singing coming from the kitchen when she rounds into there. Take my love and hold it for ransom, yeah. Amanda dances and sings in unison wearing a oversized graphic T-shirt, spandex biker shorts, and sandals. Her curly blonde hair is brushed back into a ponytail. AirPods in both of her ears, blasting her finished song.

Amanda shuts the kitchen door. She grabs  her cup of orange juice, turning around in Shantey's direction and jumps out of her skin. Shantey laughs at her reaction and Amanda removes her AirPods.

"You know you can't sneak up on me." Amanda holds her chest to calm her fast beating heartbeat.

"I didn't mean to," Shantey walks further into the kitchen. "What are you listening to anyway?"

"My song. It's done."

"Ooh let me listen." Shantey quickly grabs one of her AirPods.

Amanda presses play on her phone. Seconds later the song starts to play in each of their ears. Shantey closes her eyes and starts feeling her best friends vocals with the reggae beat. She finds herself whining her hips.

How dare you put my love on reset
How dare I give you love you reject. .(..)

"I love it mami, yess!" Shantey snaps her fingers. "You should let me play that to my A&R. She'll love it."

"Eh, not yet. This was just for fun."

"And for dinero," Shantey rubs the tips of her fingers together.

"Eh," Amanda chuckles and shrugs. "Now, you have a release date for your documentary?"

"June 25th; a month away. Jamar sent me the cover art." Shantey unlocks her phone and hands it to Amanda, who looks over the picture...

" Shantey unlocks her phone and hands it to Amanda, who looks over the picture