drugin' | fifty four.

March 10, 2020

                "No; I don't care about anything here

"No; I don't care about anything here. I'm ready to be home."

A little over a month, she's been on the East Coast and beyond ready to go was an understatement. Luckily for her, today would be the day she will be on a plane heading back to California with both of her son's. She conquered what she needed to do and now it was time to go.

"I'm on the way now," She spoke on the phone as she opened the front door. Suddenly, a hand clutched around her neck, forcing her backwards with her phone falling on the floor in the process. The door slammed behind her just as her back hit against the wall. She was greeted with his scowling expression.

"What the fuck–"

"You fuckin' stupid?" Dave growled in her face, "You serve me wit som' bullshit like dis after I let yo' dumbass come around Cruz freely? I drop the custody shit altogether and you still ain't satisfied?"

"First... get yo' fuckin' hands off me," Shantey shoved his hand from around her neck. "You love the fact you let me do any fucking thing when it come to my goddamn son."

"Everything been fuckin' coo, Ledé. We been coparenting coo. Shit, we even had a whole-ass trip to Disney World wit Millie and you starting this custody shit again? You fuckin' kiddin' me?"

"Not one bit," Shantey chuckled. "You can dish the shit but you can't take it. You gotta be one ignorant mufucka to think I wasn't gone hold this shit over your fucking head; how you treated me and controlling me by using Cruz. To think that I actually loved a nothing ass, arrogant ass man like you is totally my fault. I thought I loved you more than anything but fuck you! My son's will be living with me and since it seem every Jersey Judge mysteriously on your side, this judge is in California. So, I'll see you at the court date my love."

She started to walk off, but he grabbed her upper arm and yanking her back towards his chest, "Shantey — I will beatcho' fuckin' ass, B."

"We can do this custody shit quietly or we can do it loud. I'll be one spilling baby mother showing the whole world the bruises I had on my body from you. Then, that would be loss fanbase, loss custody, and a domestic violence case; so I suggest you be on your good behavior like a good Brewster boy and stay the fuck out of my way." She threatened; ramming his arm to release hers from his hold.

Shantey picked up her shattered phone from the floor, opening the front door and backed out in a regular pace, "face it, East... it's my game now. What I felt, you definitely boutta feel.... Daddy."

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

               "So — you and Dave are really done this time?" Anissa queried, holding Ameer in her arms.

"Completely. I want nothing to do with him if it doesn't involve Ameer or Cruz. Anything personal; that's done. I don't want to fuck him, suck him, or even talk to him. When I say he finna feel the aggravation; the anger and the hurt of somebody hanging someone over his head that he loves dearly. Fuck him."

"Just... no more physical fighting and doing things irrational."

"Oh, of course not. I'm over being that way. I'm thirty years old and don't have time for it anymore. My son's, music and family will be my focus."

Anissa smiled, "I feel like a proud mother..."

Shantey chuckled, "Don't be corny."

Roaring laughter erupted from down the hallway until it found its way into the living room from Cruz's mouth as Amanda chased behind him. She was finally back with Shantey thanks to the friends of friends with Sino. Neither one ever talked about the situation that helped bring Amanda home, and they were leaving it that way.

"Mommy!" Cruz jumped in her lap, hugging around her neck, "She tryna get me. Save me!"

"Okay, papi, calm down first." Shantey snickered as Amanda stopped to catch her breath.

"Girl, I'm tired as shit."

"So, I do have some news for you both." Shantey says as Cruz calmed down in her arms; Anissa and Amanda gave her their undivided attention, "I'm leaving Republic Records."

Both women eyebrows perked in utter surprise.

"Yup – I can't do the whole label thing anymore. Republic Records is apart of the reason I'm where I am today, but I cannot do it anymore. Sadly, these labels do not give a damn if you need just a minute to yourself and they send the Black person to do the dirty work. It's foul. So... I'm going independent."

"I'm proud that you're doing something that makes you happy, but Shantey, going independent is way harder than signing on with a label."

"I would say more challenging, but nothing is ever to hard for me," Shantey responded as she rubbed Cruz's curly mane. "I'm done releasing shit on everybody else time when I'm the one doing the work. I've been on someone else label since I was seventeen, eighteen years old. That's over with."

"I'm happy for you, mami," Amanda grinned. "I got that little taste of being signed to a label and I ain't feel all of that. Good thing my unexpected absence made them drop my ass before shit could continue."

"Whatever you do; I'm behind you one hundred percent."

"Glad you said that..." Shantey smirked, "Oh yeah, I fired Lawerence," she added.

"What? Why?" Again, Anissa was taken over a loop by the news. "He's been your main manager since you career started."

"Indeed; but his main focus was making him money no matter what I could be going through at the time. I don't need nobody around me that only see what they can get from me. I'm done with that as well. If I feel like it's what the next mufuckas doing; fired!"

"Right – well, I don't blame you."

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

YUP — story will be ending next chapter. I'm starting to get bored with it, and ready to move on to the prequel and work on more of Gove City. As for this prequel; be ready for boiling tea .. 🙈