drugin' | twenty three.

March 13, 2019

               One Astor Plaza in Manhattan

One Astor Plaza in Manhattan. It's a Friday and Shantey is booked to perform her single Ex and her newly released song called Bouncin with Offset for MTV Push. She released the new single a few weeks ago and it's already blowing up commercially. With another EP in mind to release, Shantey wanted to do a track that's fun and not having to dig deep into her soul. She didn't even expect it to be her next single due to her being in the studio playing around and free-styling the whole track.

Shantey has been keeping her focus her music and her sons since being charged with assault and battery. She gotten off on having to serve any time in jail, but had anger management classes she had to attend two times a week. In the past month, she hasn't missed her one on ones, trying to stay on the good side of the judge over her case.

Shantey sits in the chair with her hairstylist finishing her hair while she's FaceTiming Romeo, who's back at the hotel not to far away with Anissa. After talking last month and burying the hatchet at the renewal, Shantey agrees on Anissa joining her back on outta town trips. It helps since Romeo was with her to see Cruz for the weekend.

"You okay? You need anything?" Shantey asks, staring at her son on the iPhone screen.

"Nope," he licks the sauce from his fingers, "this hotel has bomb wings. I think I ordered them about five times."

Shantey chuckles. "So I'm gonna have one hell of a roommate service check?"

"Yes ma'am," he snickers, biting into another spicy chicken wing.

"It's okay, Papa. I'll be there soon. I have to pick up your brother first."

"Ok, I'll be here waiting. Kill your interview and performance Queen."

"Thank you, King." She blows a kiss through the phone before the video call ends.

"If my son don't call me Queen, I'm throwing him away." Jasmine commented, making me laugh.

"Lord..." Shantey cracks short laughter. "What's the question I'll be asked?"

"Nothing crazy. They'll just be asking about five questions pertaining to your song titles from Selfless and Bouncin' before your live performance."