drugin' | forty seven.

December 5, 2019

               "I've been sober for damn near two years

"I've been sober for damn near two years. That shouldn't be an issue anymore. I need joint custody of my goddamn son, Guerra." Frustratedly, she was sitting on the leather interior of the blacked out Suburban with her phone pressed to her right ear. She's on the way to a studio in L.A. talking with her custody lawyer about gaining joint custody of Cruz. Since she and Dave's last encounter with one another, he's of course being dragging the battle along out of spite. "We can split our time down the middle. He's in school now. So, I'm compromising with Friday through Sunday. What is the no one understanding?"

"I'm understanding you totally," her attorneys feminine voice uttered through the line. "But it's his team dragging this along longer than need be."

"I'm off pills, I have my own spot in California. I followed my supervised visits. Exactly what the judge wanted me to do. So, why is it fair he can take away the weekends he let me have whenever he wants to?"

"Weekends he gave you that were not court ordered. He done that from some ounce of kindness in his heart—"

"No, because I was fucking him," she truthfully blurted. "And since I'm not anymore, he's hurt and acting like a whole-ass bitch."

"Well, that, too." Guerra added, "There need to be no more of that. I get you guys are having second child together and have to communicate for the sake of your sons, but nothin that he can use against you during this custody battle. Keep it cute. No popping up in Jersey causing havoc. It will only affect you in the long run. Okay, jeopardizing this?"

"Understood."

Shantey pressed her ombré coffin shape thumb nail on round red button to end their long-lasting phone call. When the Suburban pulled in front of the studio, Sino stepped out of the truck first and opened her door. With the help of his hand, her cocaine white Air Force Ones touched the sidewalk. She paired the shoes with one of Tavon's clothing line Tuff Crowd sweatshirts and Nike Sportswear Essential Fleece pants.

"Everything good?" Sino inquired, as they both walked into building.

". . . Dealing with him will always be difficult in some way, shape, or form. But I'm actually going to listen to Guerra and stay in my corner while he stay in his. I'm not doing anything to jeopardize joint custody of my son."