drugin' | forty eight.

December 31, 2019

               "Your album, let's talk about it

               "Your album, let's talk about it." In a living room with beige furniture, chestnut hardwood floors, and four decorative soft gray walls, chocolate toned, with hair in a natural wrapped crown bun, her friend and the woman who oversees Shantey's music; Natalie footed into the living room of her Central Harlem brownstone; grasping the handles of two mugs filled with tea freshly brewed. She extended the mug to Shantey, who was seated on the one seater recliner chair embellished in a crewneck Nike Air Hockey Jersey with dark denim rip-knee jeans and black leather Steve Madden Booties.

Shantey groaned as she claimed the pink mug from Natalie's left hand and into her own. Once Natalie had taken a seat on the couch adjacent from her she says, "Didn't I just release Eazy Breezy a few days ago? Ain't that enough for right now? I'm dealing with enough right now."

And indeed, Shantey was currently dealing with stress pertaining to the custody battle for Cruz, and newfound stress coming from the premiere of her mother and sister first part episode of Iyanla Fix My Life. Negativity about Shantey continued. They constantly bring her past cries for help to be plastered all over the television screens. Towards the end of episode, Iyanla requested on Tania reaching out to Shantey, and indeed she did; the same mysterious call Tania given to her was in the episode. But heavy editing had been done to the episode, putting Shantey in a bad light... again.

It only showed Tania fake spilling her heart out with Shantey only responding her last five words; with the upmost disrespect, fuck you. Then, the episode went off and Shantey left to deal with the swarm of backlash. All over social media have been nothing but everyone attacking Shantey claiming she's the bad person in the situation. People feel with Tania recognizing her wrongs, Shantey should automatically forgive her and move on. But nothing is ever that easy especially with what Tania put her through.

"Which is streaming very well," Natalie mentioned. "But you agreed on this album Shantey. Remember our conversation; you agreeing to twelve tracks? This is basically your debut album after your Eps, your rehab. This is a good deal. It's time— your time."