06

𝐎𝐑𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐑𝐘 𝐏𝐄𝐎𝐏𝐋𝐄
brown hair, the crown you never take off

"SO the Lockwood's really have no idea that these tunnels are underneath their property?" Echo asked as they walked through the tunnels

"SO the Lockwood's really have no idea that these tunnels are underneath their property?" Echo asked as they walked through the tunnels. "They must've really be clueless about everything."

The older man nodded as they walked along. "Yeah. Careful where you shine that thing. Bats hate the light."

Echo and Damon glanced to each other, smirking, knowing it was the perfect time to scare Elena.

Both sisters looked at each other freaked out when they heard they were bats here.

"You're kidding right, Ric?" The older of the twins, asked, frowning.

Damon and Echo made their way behind Elena, both of them whispering, "Elena."

She spun around, shining her flashlight right in their eyes. She jumped about ten feet, looking ready to run. "Really?!" She exclaimed, and glared at both of them, smacking their arms.

"Scaredy cat," Echo teased and jumped away from her when Elena went to playfully shove her.

"Just ignore them, that's what I do." Ric sighed, giving both Damon and Echo blank stare.

"Rude," Echo said before looping her arms with Damon's as they continued to walk.

Changing topics, Elena looked back at Damon, asking, "So, you really can't get in?"

Damon shook his head. "No. Seems even the ancient Lockwood's were anti-vampire."

Elena frowned as they walked through the dark tunnels, and asked, "What do you mean, ancient?"

"See for yourself. This is as far as I get to go," he answered her stopping as the twins, and Alaric kept walking before stopping in front of the wall.

The older doppelgänger shined her light against the stone wall asking, "What is all this?"

Echo walked up to the the wall, examining it closer, and running her hand across the stone wall in amazement.

Answering Elena's question, Alaric said, "Well, as far as I can tell, it's a story. In simple archaeological terms, it's a really, really old story." He watched as Echo ran her hand across one of the few symbols he did know. "That right there is a moon cycle. A man. A wolf. A werewolf."

From outside the tunnels, Damon sarcastically called out to them, "Yeah. It's the Lockwood diaries, Pictionary style."

"I don't understand," Elena began confused, "I thought the Lockwood's came here with the original founders in the 1860s."