30

𝐂𝐀𝐓𝐂𝐇 𝐌𝐄 𝐈𝐅 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐂𝐀𝐍
if i can still breathe, i'm fine

JEREMY SHOOK HIS head and glared at Klaus as the people began moving

JEREMY SHOOK HIS head and glared at Klaus as the people began moving. No way. I'm not doing this." 

The Original looked over at him in annoyance and a small amount of amusement. "What makes you think you have a choice?" 

"You have to kill vampires to complete the hunter's mark. Mark equals cure," Damon added which shocked Echo a little, but knew he was right. "You're in a bar full of almost vampires, so get your hunt on." 

"See!" Dean snapped, and then clomped his mouth shut when Echo turned to him with tearful eyes. "I'm sorry, sweetheart, but the sooner you realize he's just another monster, the better."

"Screw you," Jeremy sneered at Damon in anger. "You said I wouldn't have to kill any innocent people." 

Damon threw his hands up and looked at him incredulously. "Jeremy, they're not people."

"They were before tonight," Echo snapped and Damon turned to her with wide eyes. "Damon... for the first time in a while, I'm disappointed in you."

Klaus stood up suddenly from his seat at the bar and slammed his glass down. "Enough! Have at it, or else." 

"I don't take orders from you, dick." Jeremy scoffed and dropped his stake. "Hunters can't be compelled." 

The hybrid laughed and walked up to Jeremy. "You're right. I can't compel you. But if your conscience is getting in the way, then allow me to make this easy for you. Because, I can compel them." He gestured to the vampires in transition causing the four of them to look around as a few compelled humans were feeding them their blood. "I'm gonna give you a two-minute head start. Then I'm gonna send every vampire in here after you. You kill them, or they kill your friend... Matt." 

"Wait a second!" Matt yelled out incredulously. 

"And then Echo," Klaus added with a smirk and she glared up at him, hating the fact, that once upon a time, she gave him the benefit of the doubt and wanted to be friends.

"Fuck you!" She sneered loudly, clenching her jaw so tight that she was surprised she didn't break it. "You are a pathetic runt!"

Damon shook his frantically and stood in front of his girlfriend protectively. "You're not touching her."

"I won't be," Klaus smirked, "they will."

Damon clenched his jaw and the only thing that stopped him from striking was Echo's hand landing on his arm. He inhaled deeply and glared at Klaus. "You know he can't take them all on at the same time."

"With you, Echo, and her older gentlemen, I think you guys can handle a little rumble," he smirked as he glanced over at Matt. "It's Matt I'm worried about." He chuckled, raising a brow. "Out of all of us, Matt is the one least able to protect themselves."