40

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐃
hold my fucking hand, loser. we're using the buddy system for the rest of our lives

AT THE GRILL the next day, Echo, Caroline and Elena were sitting at a table outside working on their graduation letters

"Stamp, please," Caroline requested and Elena tore off a stamp, then handed it to her. "Thank you." 

"You don't have to pretend to be nice to me, Caroline. I know this is just a ploy to keep me distracted," Elena stated with a heavy sigh which made Echo look over at her with a frown.

"She's just preoccupied, El," Echo stated and sent a glare at the blonde. She understood that Care was angry because Elena tried to kill her, but she should move on. Hell, she can't even count how many times she tried to kill someone she knew and vise versa. At this point, everyone should be used to it. "I'm always going to be here for you."

Caroline sighed and then looked at their graduation letters. "You're both done? I'm only on my second batch." 

Elena held an envelope. "We have family friends in Denver." She then placed her hand on Echo's. "And it's not like we have much family left. Other than that, no one cares that I'm graduating and, to be honest, neither do I." 

"I know that's how you feel now, but once you get through this hating Katherine phase—" Caroline began to analyze but was cut off by Echo scoffing.

"Hating Katherine isn't a phase, it's a life. That bitch had destroyed every life she has encountered. All of ours, and let's not forget Trevor and Rose. They didn't deserve any of what happened because of that pathetic and whiny bitch."

Elena tilted her head and glared at the blonde. "Wait, do you know where Katherine is?" 

"No. Why would I know where she is?" Caroline asked in confusion while shaking her head. 

"Yeah, but, Caroline, if you did, you would tell us, right?" The brunette vampire pressed, her glare not softening.

"Elena, you're obsessing." The blonde sighed and looked over at her friends.

She grabbed Caroline's hand with ferocity and made eye contact. "Caroline, listen to me, if you know where Katherine is then you have to tell us."

The older vampire yanked her hand out of Elena's and gave her a look that was more annoyed than confused. "I don't, Elena. Chill." 

"We do not have to chill, Caroline!" Echo snapped and then lowered her voice when she noticed the stares she was getting from people sitting nearby them. "You have been here to see every thing Katherine has done. She killed Jeremy and you make it seem like we shouldn't give a crap. Our little brother died by the hands of that skank, and I'm not going to let her get away with it!"