18

𝐁𝐄𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐒𝐔𝐍𝐒𝐄𝐓
i got ice in my veins, blood in my eyes, hate in my heart, love in my mind

MORNING CAME QUICKLY, and Alaric was sitting at his desk in his old classroom, with his feet propped up on the desk

MORNING CAME QUICKLY, and Alaric was sitting at his desk in his old classroom, with his feet propped up on the desk. He twirled the white oak stake in his hands as he looked at Echo and Caroline. Echo was tied to a desk, unconscious, with dried blood caked on her skin. He took his feet off the desk then leaned forward and looked at the stake.

Soon, Echo's dark brown eyes fluttered open, but then squinted shut due to the sudden light. "Ric?" She mumbled, her voice cracking. She heard muffles and she turned her head to see Caroline who was being gagged, and had pencils sticking out of her hands. "What the hell?!" She jerked up and soon realized her hands were bound behind her, and her feet were wrapped around the legs of the desk.

"Shh," Alaric whispered and walked towards her, and gagged her with a rag. When she continued to thrash, he grabbed her head, and banged it against the desk, knocking her out. Blood started oozing out of her head, onto the desk, and started dripping slowly onto the floor.

Alaric whistled, ignored Caroline's cries, and dialed Elena's number. He smirked as Elena said, "Whoever this is, it's not funny."

"Well, who else would it be," he grinned as he heard the intake of breath.

Surprise laced in her voice she asked, "Ric?"

Alaric walked up the row as he spoke to Elena on his cell phone. "Listen, closely. I'm at the school, I have Caroline and Echo. And if you wanna keep them alive, I need you to get into your car and come down here right away. If you tell anyone where you're going, I will kill them." He then looked over at Echo's unconscious body, and heard no heartbeat. "Well, that doesn't count Echo seeing as she's currently dead. Oh well." He smirked and hung up on Elena who started yelling at him in anger.

IT WAS NEARLY fifteen minutes later when Alaric heard Elena pull into the parking lot. He smirked as he looked over at the teenagers; Caroline was looking at a still very dead Echo, sobbing and shaking. He wasn't sure if the shaking was due to being sad or angry, but he didn't care.

Elena quickly came running into the room upon hearing Caroline crying, and she gasped, holding her stomach upon seeing her dead twin. She stumbled back and held onto the threshold of the classroom, and began crying. She knew there was a high chance of Echo coming back to life, but there is still something traumatic with seeing your sister's dead body. And that's not talking about how traumatic it is for Echo herself.

Yes, Elena has began reading the Supernatural books after Echo's confrontation. She's read them all multiple times to get every detail she could, and she couldn't help but want to try and protect Echo from anymore trauma. But, it's like it's not possible. Echo seems to always be in more danger than herself, and it sucked. It absolutely sucks to be a Gilbert or a Winchester.