26

𝐌𝐘 𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐊𝐄𝐄𝐏𝐄𝐑
i didn't mean to push all your buttons. i was just looking for mute

"YOU'RE DATING A VAMPIRE?!" Dean shouted at his daughter in both anger and surprise

"YOU'RE DATING A VAMPIRE?!" Dean shouted at his daughter in both anger and surprise. "And you're friends with a witch?" He shook his head as he paced back and forth in front of them. "You're dead in sister in our world is alive in this one? I just..." He took in a deep breath and then turned to his brother. "Can you believe this?"

Sam shrugged, giving his brother a look. "She's an adult, she can make her own choices. And, Dean, we don't know what she has been through or any of the trauma that brought them ok together."

"He's right," Echo stated as she turned to her father with raised brows. "Let's just forget that I am not from here for the moment, alright?" She nodded her head before they could even say anything. "The Gilbert's have lost their parents — mine and Elena's biological and adoptive parents, to be exact. We have lost our aunt and currently lost our father figure who was there for me through a lot of stuff." Tears weld up in her eyes as she thought about Alaric. "I am somehow not able to die and I don't know why. I can't even begin to tell you how many times I have died just to come back and die another way. I have had my throat ripped out, head beat in my a baseball bat, I have been shot with arrows. I can go on forever. Damon was there for me through everything. They all were. We have all bonded through all the things we have been through."

She wiped away a fallen tear as she looked over the three of them. "They're my family, guys. And I love them. And I love Damon, even if he's a vampire. I love him more than I ever loved Jo." Her bottom lip trembled as their eyes widened because they knew how much she loved the blonde headed hunter. "So... please, while you're here, don't hurt my friends, my family." She then tilted her head, "but, you can totally hurt Stefan if you want. He deserves it."

"I missed you, Echo." Dean walked towards his daughter and pulled her into a hug, tears escaping his green eyes as she began to sniffle into his chest. "And I promise I will it hurt those you love. But, if anything happens to you, I will end everyone and everything in my way. I don't care if you can't die. Someone touched a strand of hair on his head, their head is getting chopped off. I'm not losing you again. Understand?"

She nodded and then looked over his shoulder at Sam and Jack. "You guys wanna join the hug festive?"

They not smiled and the hug soon turned into a hug pile.

IT WAS THE next morning, and Echo and Jack approached Caroline and Elena who were preparing for the Miss Mystic Falls Pageant. The twins both told her about the Stefan thing, and the blonde didn't seem to agree with Elena's choice to break up with the vampire.

"I'm your best friend, and I would never pick sides, but are you sure that this is what you want? Because Stefan is your soul mate," the blonde stated with big eyes. "Sorry. Picking sides."