32

𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐃
going with the idea that nothing can stop me

𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐃going with the idea that nothing can stop me

THEY WERE NOW on the island that was said to have the cure in it. Echo glanced over at Shane who was talking to himself before rolling her eyes. She then turned to Jack and flung his bag at him which had him stumbling backwards. She laughed at him as he blushed and glanced at Elena who was watching the interaction with a big smile on her face.

Smirking over at her sister and Jack, Echo made her way over to Damon who was sitting and sharpening a knife. She made her way behind him and wrapped her arms around his neck, laying her chin on his head. "Why are you all the way over here, handsome?"

He grinned and looked up at her through his eyelashes. "Can't stand the scouts, beautiful."

She chuckled and placed a kiss on his forehead before Shane approached them. She rolled her eyes at him and asked, "Couldn't they have hidden this cure in Hawaii?" She stood up fully and ruffled Damon's hair. "Where the hell have you taken us?"

"Two hundred miles off the Nova Scotia mainland. If you recall, the whole point was to hide the cure on the world's most obscure, desolate island," Shane explained with a grin.

"Oh yeah?" Damon questioned sarcastically. "I thought the whole point was that no one found Silas, the oldest, deadliest freak in the world."

"Yeah, that too," Shane commented, then held up sunscreen and offered it to Damon. "Sunscreen?"

"Is that a joke?" The blue eyed vampire asked, scrunched brows, unamused. Echo, on the other hand, laughed loudly at the question.

"Right." Shane made a face and walked away from the couple.

Echo gestured to her brother and Bonnie who was taking pictures of his tattoo. "I'll be over there, so don't get in too much trouble." She presses a light kiss on his cheek before walking over to them. "I bet you think you're all tough now that you got a badass tattoo."

Jeremy rolled his eyes at his sister, but couldn't help the twitch of his lip as it pulled into a smile. "You're annoying."

Bonnie smiled at them and continued to take pictures as she said, "These symbols must have been left for the hunters, so they can find the cure. And this must be the story of Qetsiyah and Silas. According to Shane, Silas asked Qetsiyah for help making a spell for immortality. She helped make him immortal, only to learn that he planned to use the same spell on another women, not her. When she found out, she freaked."

"So, Qetsiyah killed the other woman?" Jeremy asked interested.

"Yeah." The Bennett nodded before continuing, "Silas was immortal. She couldn't kill him. So she trapped him in a cave, and buried him alive instead."

"Does it say anything about the hunter's purpose in all this?" Echo asked as she crossed her arms, examining the large tattoo.

Suddenly, Shane walked up from behind them. "I was wondering when you'd ask. Qetsiyah created a cure for immortality, and then she buried it with Silas, hoping that he'd take it and die, and end up on the other side with her for all eternity. But he wouldn't give her the satisfaction. So, many centuries later, her descendants created the hunters to find him, cure him and kill him," he explained and smiled at them weirdly. "You know what? I'll explain on the hike. Come on. We gotta get going."