35

𝐁𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐈𝐓 𝐎𝐍
there is a poem scratched onto the walls of my throat. no one has heard it but it is there

EVEN THOUGH ECHO wanted to be anywhere else, and was currently walking down the schools hallway with Caroline

EVEN THOUGH ECHO wanted to be anywhere else, and was currently walking down the schools hallway with Caroline. The blonde was on the phone, trying to call Tyler.

"Hey, Tyler. It's me checking in. Things are just getting back to normal here, sort of. Elena's not quite there, but we're working on it." She noticed Elena across the hall, crumpling up a flyer. "Look, I know that you can't call me back, but I keep thinking if I just leave these messages that when you do come home, it'll be like you never left... or that's the hope. Well, I'd better go. I love you, Tyler." 

Echo pursed her lips as she walked along the hall, her high-heeled boots clacking loudly. "I know you care for him, Care. But, he's a douche who would've called, texted, emailed, or sent a letter to tell you that he is alive and cares for you. You deserve better, Care, and I don't think that's Tyler."

Caroline looked at her best friend in shock. That was the most Echo has spoken since Jeremy died.

But, before she could say anything, Matt walked over to the with concerned expression. "Hey, have you seen Bonnie?" 

Caroline nodded with a small smile. "Yeah, I called her last night. She's fine. She's just a little drained from, you know, everything." 

"Can't really blame her," he commented in understanding. 

"Yeah." The blonde nodded awkwardly.

"I have an idea," Elena mumbled to herself before approaching them while holding up a flyer. "Can you get me my old spot back on the cheerleading squad?" She questioned Caroline in a dull tone. 

The blonde shrugged with a shocked yet confused facial expression. "I mean, technically, yeah. I'm captain, but I thought you hated cheerleading." 

"I did, but now I think it would be really fun to jump around and toss people up in the air," Elena responded with a blank facial expression. "It's not like the routines are that hard."

Echo chuckled and then played it off as a cough when Caroline nudged her harshly with her elbow.

Caroline glanced over at Matt in shock, then smiled at Elena. "I...think that would make everyone really happy."

Echo saw someone spray painting Jeremy's locker, and something inside her snapped. She stormed over to the boy, and yanked the spray paint out of his hand, and slammed his head into the locker.