17

𝐃𝐎 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐆𝐎 𝐆𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐋𝐄
everyone keeps leaving me and there is nothing i can do about it

CAROLINE, Echo, and Elena were walking through the gym hall which was being decorated for the 20s Decade Dance

CAROLINE, Echo, and Elena were walking through the gym hall which was being decorated for the 20s Decade Dance. Caroline had a clipboard and was in charge of the preparations because Rebekah had gone missing. 

"So, Alaric is trying to pull himself together, why is that a bad thing?" The blonde questioned in confusion. 

"It's not." Echo sighed and ran a hand through her growing dark hair. "I just wish there was something more I can do. Any spells I find haven't even done anything to help." She pulled her eyebrows together. "It also doesn't help that I got my head bashed in by a fucking baseball bat. You should've seen Damon last night. He didn't want to let me go at all, not even when I had to pee."

"I think it's cute," Elena said and then shook her head. "Not the fact that you were killed — again." She laid a hand on Echo's shoulder. "I think it's cute about how protective he is of you and how you guys have an epic love story." She moved away from them and picked up a chandelier. "Where do you want me to hang this thing?" 

Caroline stopped walking with an annoyed scowl on her face. "You know what, if Rebekah wanted to hang this monstrousity she should have shown up to do it herself." She took it from Elena and handed the chandelier to a passingby student. "Just no!" She saw Matt and Jeremy hanging up stars from the ceiling. "What are you doing? You can't just hang them!" She yelled at them with her temporary authority. "They're supposed to trickle down." The blonde vamp used her hand to demonstrate. 

Jeremy hit Matt's shoulder mockingly. "Trickle, duh!" 

Echo laughed lightly while Caroline looked up at them. "Look at them all bromancy." 

Elena nodded and looked at them as well. "Yeah I asked Matt to help Jeremy readjust. He got him his old job back at the Grill." 

"Jeremy has got a lot on his mind. The whole thing with Alaric has got him really stressed out," Elena said with a loud sigh. 

Caroline frowned. "Yeah. after everything he has been through... he's so strong." She then swiveled around to face Elena. "So who are you bringing to the dance?" She rolled her eyes when Echo placed her hands on her hips. "We all know you're bringing Damon. No surprise there seeing as you're madly in love with him."

Echo opened her mouth, about to say something before shrugging and smirking. "You're right."

Elena wrapped a feather boa around her neck before pausing in confusion. "What do you mean? I thought you, Bonnie, and I were going as girl dates."