15

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐔𝐑𝐃𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐅 𝐎𝐍𝐄
oh don't get too close to her, she's not as quiet as she seems. she is a fierce storm of hellfire and you wouldn't survive a brush of her lips

THE NEXT MORNING, Elena walked up the stairs carrying breakfast for Alaric and knocked on his door only for Damon to answer it, "Morning, sunshine

THE NEXT MORNING, Elena walked up the stairs carrying breakfast for Alaric and knocked on his door only for Damon to answer it, "Morning, sunshine." 

"Hey, how's Alaric?" Elena asked in concern as she moved to enter the apartment, but then Damon closed the door slightly to block her way. 

The vampire shrugged while making a face. "Indecent, but fine." 

She looked at him suspiciously. "So then, does that mean there were no issues last night?" 

"Nope." He shook his head then smiled widely at her. "Slept like a baby. Woke up Alaric. No headlines about dead Council members." 

"Then why do I feel like you're hiding something from me?" She asked him with an unamused expression. 

"Well, maybe because you're being all paranoid and control freaky." He smirked then spotted the bag in her hands. "What'd you bring me?" Damon then snatched the bag from her and sniffed it. "Ooo, chocolate muffins. You know what they say; a way to a psycho killer's heart is through his stomach." 

Elena grabbed the bag back from him. "They're not for you." 

"Fine." He huffed before grinning widely. "But sadly, Ric's gonna have to miss Elena time today. You know lockdown and all." 

"Just take it and give it to him and tell him that I miss him, okay?" She ordered in frustration and handed Damon the bag of muffins. 

"With pleasure." He smirked at her and started to shut the door on her. "Have a great day, thanks for coming by." 

"Dam—"Then doppelgänger began, but he closed the door and walked over to Echo, Ric, and Stefan, who were standing by a miter saw with the Wickery Bridge sign. 

Damon then listened to Elena leaving. "Walking down the stairs, opening the front door, and she's gone."

Alaric nodded and turned the saw on, lowering it to begin cutting the sign. 

It was a a couple hours later and they were making stakes from the Wickery Bridge sign.

Stefan suddenly looked at one of the stakes that Damon whittled. "This needs to have a sharper point." He handed the stake to Damon. 

"I got it," the older brother said in an annoyed huff. 

"We finally have our own stakes to kill an Original. I'm not gonna miss because you can't whittle." Stefan gruffly snapped at him while the hunters rolled their eyes.