23

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄
i run on impulsive decisions that will probably come back to bite me later

DUE TO THE Grill running low on workers, Echo decided to help, she needed some extra money anyway, especially since she was going to buy Damon new tires for his precious car

Suddenly, Rebekah showed up and placed a set of car keys on the wooden counter top. Matt glanced at them, then up at her, unimpressed. "What's that?"

Rebekah smiled at him, her head tilted. "The key to your new truck. It's parked outside, paid for, insured, everything but a big red bow."

"If that's your idea of an apology, you should probably give it to Elena. She's the one that you killed," Matt said in a dull tone and then gestured to Echo who cleared her throat, "and Echo."

"And let me remind you, you killed Alaric by killing Elena. You have tortured Elena and I since you arrived here. Your presence is fucking annoying and I can't believe, at one point, I thought we could've been friends. You're pathetic, Rebekah and no one likes you!" Echo snapped and glared at the blonde from where she was cleaning the countertop.

The huntress then walked over to Klaus and angrily poured him a drink. Even though she didn't like him, she needed to make sure to not anger him enough to hurt someone she cares about.

He chuckled in amusement causing Rebekah to turn to look at him. "You're trying too hard."

Rebekah looked away not noticing who he was right away then looked back at him in surprise. "Last I heard you were leaving town, forever."

"Well I was," he said, getting up and walking towards his youngest sister, "but then I thought to myself how can I when my sister, clearly so desperate for love and affection, is left here bribing the help," he mocked her with a smirk.

Rebekah rolled her eyes at him and then stared at him in annoyance. "What do you want, Nik? I thought I was dead to you."

The hybrid shrugged nonchalantly. "Things change Rebekah. I've stumbled upon something I think might be of interest to you."

"Doubt that," she mused, uninterested. She crossed her arms and simply stared at him with narrowed eyes.

"No?" He questioned sarcastically. "Well, what if I told you the brotherhood of The Five still existed."

Rebekahs eyes widened in shock and alarm. "What?"

Klaus grinned smugly. "You see, and like that bygones. Come on love, work to do."

"We don't have anything to do," she snarled angrily at him. "There is no we. I don't care about The Five and I don't care about you."

"As you wish," Klaus mumbled before handing Echo a fifty dollar bill which had her grinning. That was the rest of the money she needed to buy Damon his tires. He then got up and left, sending Echo a smirk.