37

𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐍 𝐆𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐂
going with the idea that nothing can stop me

DAMON, ECHO, AND Stefan got out of his car and approached Damon's car, which was sitting on the side of the road out of gas after Elena and Rebekah stole it

Damon was carrying two large containers in his hands as he clenched his jaw. "If they so much as even scratched the paint on my car..." 

"Well, just be grateful Sheriff Forbes was able to track down the car after you let them, ah, you know, steal it from you," Stefan pointed out as his lips twitched into an almost smile. 

"Remind me to send her some mini-muffins," Damon retorted which made Echo snort. "Do we really need ten gallons of gas, or are you making me just lug this around as punishment?"

"Well, they ditched your car after it ran out of fuel. You gotta fill it up," Stefan explained pointing at the light blue car. "Got a hundred miles before we get to Willoughby." 

"Yeah, well I don't remember that name from the list of places I got from New York," Damon commented with furrowed eyebrows as they finally reached his vehicle. 

"Oh, the list?" Stefan questioned and smirked in amusement. "The list they stole from right under your nose, after you let your guard down? They'll be there. Sheriff Forbes tracked down the car they stole after yours." 

"Will you shut up?" Echo asked in annoyance, turning to the younger Salvatore. "If you don't, I can go on about what you allowed to happen in Mystic Falls..."

The older Salvatore was filling his tank with gasoline as he glared at his brother. "Screw the muffins. I'll get her champagne — if Elena is wherever it may be." 

Stefan smiled over at him. "Willoughby. Creamed corn capital of Pennsylvania. They'll be there. Let's just hope we get to them before they get to the cure." 

"Ooh, silver lining: if Rebekah takes the cure, then she's mortal and we can just kill her right then and there," Damon pointed out with a mischievous smirk. 

Stefan rolled his eyes. "Look, why don't you just table the revenge fantasies for now, and just keep your eye on the prize. Find Katherine, get the cure, get out before you get your neck snapped — again." 

"Why is he here?" Echo asked, pointing to Stefan in annoyance. "All he is doing is talking his ear off. I'm tired of it."

"Me too," Damon said which made Stefan look to him in surprise. "What? She's right. All you have been talking about in the last two hours was Elena getting the upper hand on us. It's getting to the point where I was going to allow Echo to choke you out."

Echo turned to her boyfriend with wide eyes. "You're telling me that I couldn't choked the life out of him this whole time, and you didn't let me?"