16

𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐊𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐒
we're all a little insane

AFTER SAYING goodbye to Alaric, Echo met up with Damon, Elena, and Stefan outside

"You ready to go, little warrior?" Damon asked and she leaned into him as he had his back against the car. She wrapped her arms around him, just breathing in his scent. "What's wrong?"

She looked up at him, worry pretty much seeping from her. "I just... my real father isn't here and I don't think I'll ever be able to see him again. And Alaric... I consider him my second father and I really care for him. I don't want to lose him."

Damon sighed and kissed the top of her head. "It's going to be alright, sweetheart. I'm here and I'm not going to let anything happen to Alaric or anyone else you care about."

She smiled up at him, and stared into his sparkling blue eyes for what seemed like forever. She really felt the urge to say that she loves him, but at the thought of Jo, the only other person she said that she loved, it made her stop. Instead, she said, "I'm so happy to have you in my life."

"Me too." He smiled and leaned down, connecting their lips together.

Sighing, Echo turned around to stare at Stefan as Elena jumped into the car. "You better take care of him, asshole," she sneered at him and then took a threatening step towards him. "If I hear that you hurt him in any way; easy as a child breathes a wish at a dandelion... is exactly how easy it would be for me to tear your limbs from their sockets." She then clicked her tongue and grinned. "Be careful were you step, Salvawhore, because there might or might not be booby traps." She patted his shoulder as his eyes widened and got into the passenger side of the car. "Have fun!" She shouted as she fully got into the car and closed the door.

"Do you really have to do that?" Elena asked before adding, "Without me?" She leaned forward and placed her hand on Echo's shoulders. "If you have a plan to get back at him, please put me in those plans. He hurt you, he killed you, and he almost killed me. We need to work together as twins to get back at him."

Echo smirked as she looked back at Elena. "I've rubbed off on you. I love it."

"So do I," Damon piped in. "We all three need to come up with a plan to get back at him. And it needs to be out of this world."

ECHO WALKED in front of her sister and Damon, wanting more than anything to see her little brother. After everything they'd been through, Echo had missed him. "There he is." She smiled as her sister and Damon who caught up to her. 

They watched as Jeremy swung at the ball and missed. "Next time we compel him, remind me to make him better at baseball," Damon retorted which made Echo lean over and slap him upside the head.

As the twins walked over to the cage, they both shouted, Hey Jer!" 

Hearing his name Jeremy turned around smiling when he saw his twin sisters standing at the gate. "Maya? Elena?" Looking past them seeing Damon he asked, "What's wrong?"