12

𝐃𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐀𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐒
never love anyone who treats you like you're ordinary

𝐃𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐀𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐒never love anyone who treats you like you're ordinary

THE NEXT MORNING, Echo Elena, Stefan, and Damon were in the twins kitchen.

"It was their mother Esther who was sealed in that coffin," Elena stated, nodding her head as she looked between the three of them.

Stefan asked, "As in the Original Witch?"

Echo rolled her eyes. "What? How is she even alive? Thought Klaus ripped her heart out a thousand years ago."

Elena shrugged, sighing. "I don't know. I'm guessing she has a couple connections in the witching community. Elijah said that she wants to live in peace with her family, including Klaus."

Stefan huffed. "She was supposed to be the weapon to help us kill Klaus."

"Well, not anymore... at least not according to Elijah," Elena told them, shaking her head.

Sarcastically, but still serious, Damon wondered, "Anyone else feeling a little used right now?"

"Look, Elijah promised me that his family wouldn't hurt any of us," Echo stated. "As long as we don't do anything, they won't."

Just then, the doorbell rang. Echo sighed and got up, and opened the front door. When she opened it she saw no one was there, but on the doormat was two envelopes with an ornately-handwritten Elena Gilbert on the front of one and the other said Echo Gilbert. She picked them up, closed the door, and turned around.

Damon and Stefan were in the lobby near her as Echo handed her sister her note. "What is it?" Damon asked.

Echo opened the envelope and removed a card, "It's an invitation. 'Please join the Mikaelson Family, this evening at seven o'clock. For dancing, cocktails and celebration'." She then flipped it over and read; don't forget the deal — Elijah. She simply rolled her eyes at that.

"It's not bad enough they're moving into town, now they want a housewarming gift," Damon replied sarcastically and annoyed.

Huffing, Echo added on, "Not even just a gift, they want a whole damn party." She then looked up at Damon with eyes that were practically sparkling, and he simply gulped as he saw the look she was giving him. "Damon, would you be my date to the ball?"

His face went surprised to smiling. "Of course, Miss Echo. I would love to accompany you to the ball." He took her hand and placed a kiss on it, and she just slapped him upside the head even though her stomach filled up with butterflies.