21

𝐆𝐑𝐎𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐏𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐒
she conquered her demons and wore her scars like wings

𝐆𝐑𝐎𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐏𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐒she conquered her demons and wore her scars like wings

ECHO WAS NOT taking Alaric's death nor Elena's vampirism easy. It didn't help that Klaus ended up not being dead. So, she was heavily blaming herself for both things happening, so here she was, aggressively punching and kicking a punching bag that Damon had set up in his room for her.

At the thought of him, he walked into the room with a coffee and a bag of food that she had made him get her.

"Here's the food you ordered, little warrior," he said as he sat the stuff down on the nightstand, a smile on his features.

"Thanks, babe," she told him as she pulled off her gloves, giving him a much needed kiss. She squealed as he pulled her into him by her shirt.

"You're beautiful when you are all hot and bothered," he murmured against her lips, and he tilted his head, and started kissing on her neck. She let out an audible moan, and he grinned, sliding his left hand down her body, all the way to her ass which he groped, and then picked her up on vamp-speed. "I love you," he told her before kissing her on her lips.

"I love you too, blue eyes, but I should eat that food before it gets cold." She then hopped off of him, sending him a smirk. "Thank you for this, by the way."

Damon watched her carefully as she peaked into the bag of feed and sipped from her coffee. "How are you?" He asked her in concern after a moment. He pretty much knows her routine by now; when she works out without a much of a break, he knows she's having a inner turmoil.

She didn't respond at first and picked up a handful of fries, stuffing them in her mouth. Once she chewed and swallowed that, she turned to him with a sigh. "I'm fine."

Damon sighed. "I know that a lie."

Echo clenched her jaw before biting her lip. "I've lost both of my fathers now. I lost my real father when I came into this world, and now I lost Alaric." She ran a hand through her hair. "I'm just sick and tired of losing people."

Damon walked over to her and brushed a strand of loose hair behind her ear. "I'm tired of it, too."

She looked up at him through her eyelashes, tears building up in her brown eyes. Her bottom lip started to quiver and he pulled her into him, cradling her against his body as she started crying.

"I'm just so glad that I have amazing people like you in my life," Echo mumbled as she sniffled, tilting her head up at him. "I love you."

He kissed her forehead. "I love you, too."

LATER ON THAT morning, both Damon and Echo were sitting at the bar. Damon was drinking, and Echo was eating, again.