39

𝐒𝐇𝐄'𝐒 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐎𝐍𝐄
we are the kids that you can never kill

AT THE SALVATORE house, Elena was still locked in the cellar, her breathing was labored, as Damon, Echo Stefan discussed their plan upstairs in the parlor

"She's the calmest desiccating vampire I've ever seen. I remember when you starved me down there for three days. I would've wept at your feet for an orange peel," Damon commented in frustration as he paced back and forth.

Stefan sighed and sunk back in his seat on the couch. "Look, she's not gonna beg for blood. Begging means desperation, emotion. She's still in no-humanity zone."

"How hungry does she have to be before we can torture some feelings back into her?" Echo asked, her arms crossed. Of course she didn't want to hurt her sister, but something needed to be done.

"A lot hungrier than she is now, apparently," Stefan mused with a sigh.

"So what are we supposed to do in the meantime?" Damon asked in boredom and confusion.

Just then, Katherine entered the room with a mischievous smirk. "Maybe I can provide a little excitement."

"Katherine!" Echo shouted and clenched her jaw tightly.

"The one and only..." She smirked arrogantly, then paused with furrowed eyebrows. "... sort of. So, when's the Welcome Home party?" She asked and proceeded to pour herself a drink.

"Never for you," Echo spat out and pulled out a dagger from her boot, and threw it at the bitch. Katherine smirked and dodged it, and then caught the next one that Echo threw at her. "Why don't you go to hell?!"

"Sorry, but I am here to stay." Katherine smugly pointed out with a smirk. She dropped the dagger to the floor without a care in the world.

"Wow, look who went and got bold. Last time I checked, Klaus was plotting your eternal demise," Damon commented as he pulled his girlfriend to his side. He ran his fingers up and down her side, and kissed her temple.

"Well, it doesn't matter anymore, because Klaus is gone," the annoying brunette vampire said with a nonchalant shrug.

Stefan sat forward in his seat in shock and interest as he looked at her for elaboration. "Wait, what do you mean he's gone?"

"Let's just say that werewolf girl, Hayley, turned out to be just the thing we needed to get Klaus out of our lives — for good," Katherine vaguely explained with a knowing smile.

LATER ON, Elena was lying in her cell in incredibly bad shape. Suddenly, the door unlocked and opened to reveal Damon, who had a mocking look on his face. "You look terrible." 

"I'm hungry. Not that you care," she remarked weakly as she attempted to roll her eyes. 

"But we do," Echo spoke softly as she looked at her sister. "That's the whole point." She looked to her boyfriend and then back to the brunette. "You don't care, though. It's about time for that to change." She then offered her a blood bag, causing Elena's eyes to widen and reach for it hungrily.