28

𝐎 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐘𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐈𝐓𝐇𝐅𝐔𝐋
isn't everyone family a little fucked in

AS THEY APPROACHED the Gilbert lake house, Damon and Echo was shocked to see Shane inside the building

"What the hell is Professor Shadypants doing here?" Damon questioned incredulously.

"I invited him." Bonnie admitted and Damon looked over at her, clearly not pleased with her decision.

Elena sighed and glanced to her sister with nervous eyes. "I hope this goes as planned."

"Me too," Echo stated and grabbed her sister's hand.

Dean — who was standing behind them with Sam and Jack — watched the interaction with a clenched jaw. In his mind, this was some reality warp that gave Echo things to make her want to stay, and he was going to try and convince her that this universe wasn't right for her.

As they looked inside the house where Jeremy and Shane was moving around some furniture for the hypnosis procedures they plan to perform on Jeremy.

Elena bit on her lip as she looked at her brother who was glaring over at them . "This is your house now, Jer." He walked closer to them, and Echo could faintly see her father tense behind her. "You have to invite me in."

Jeremy just stared at Elena, but didn't invite her in.

"Go ahead, Jeremy. Invite her in," Shane coaxed him calmly while Echo glared at him, not trusting him for a minute.

Jeremy continued to stare at Elena and hesitated for a moment longer before saying, "You can come in."

Elena entered the house and stopped in front of Jeremy with big doe eyes. She gently touched his arm and walked past him, setting her bags on a counter. Jeremy looked down at his arm where she touched him and suddenly grabbed the small wooden stake from his waistband and attempted to stake Elena.

Echo reacted quickly and jumped forward, grabbing his wrist harshly, applying enough pressure where it hurt, but didn't do any damage.

"Jeremy!" Bonnie yelled in worry and shock.

Echo twisted Jeremy's arm around and placed it behind his back. "Calm down." When he still attempted to get to Elena, she quickly kicked him in the back of the knee. As he was falling to his knees, Echo yanked the stake away from him, threw it to her uncle, and then placed her brother in a chokehold. "Come on, Jer. I don't want to hurt you, but if you make one more move towards our sister, I will hit you so hard on your head that you will have a huge ass bruise that I will make sure permanently stay there."

Dean snorted at his daughter before she roughly let go of Jeremy, and stood protectively in front of Elena.

When Jeremy stood up fully, he stiffly turned to Echo and Elena before nodding, backing down.