ii

I stopped my pace when I heard Nayeon's question. It made me think for a sec if I do. Then I looked at her still expressionless. "Well?" she asked as I tried answering her. But instead, I pinched her cheek. "Ah! Ahpa!" she repeatedly screamed trying to let go of my fingers from her cheek.

I released her cheek and went back to walking. "You are so obvious, Jeongyeon." she rubbed her cheek, clearly it was painful as it turned reddish. "Whatever, Nayeon. We'll get going now," I waved her goodbye so as Jihyo. 

Then I saw her walked to our dormitory while Jihyo and I walked a different way to our building. "Well, Nayeon's right though. You obviously like Momo's cousin." Jihyo suddenly said.

"Maybe I do, or I don't," I answered her shortly.

"Tsk. You always say that." I noticed she rolled her eyes. "What do you mean by that?" I asked.

"You know what I always mean Jeongyeon." that was her last words before getting into class.

The discussions were boring and usual. However, I forced myself not to drowse during the class as I wanted to pass so badly for this final year to graduate. But my seatmate here, who is Jihyo by the way, already slept comfortably.

It was like that for the whole afternoon. We get into some boring and no fun class then Jihyo gets to sleep for the whole period while I listen to the discussions.

After our class, Jihyo and I separated our ways. She doesn't live in a dormitory like I do since she lives near the university. We bid our goodbyes and I directly walked back to my dorm. 

I was humming the whole walk when I saw a familiar face sitting on the bench near the football field. As I look closer, it was Mina.

I felt my heart beat faster as I tried avoiding her. She was alone sitting on the bench while reading a book. I wanted to go near her and talk but I got scared that I might stutter again.

I tried shaking off this feeling first before going to her. I knew I looked stupid as I was literally shaking just to compose myself.

"You can do this, Jeongyeon. Besides, you're just gonna say 'hi' and then leave. Wouldn't hurt that much, would it?" again, I looked stupid whispering to myself.

Mina was still sitting peacefully with her book. I slowly approached her as I felt my knees tremble. I tried skipping to shake it off and took deep breaths.

As I was already in front of her, she looked up to see who I was. To my surprise, her cheeks reddened as soon as she saw me. Did she just blush? I asked to myself.

"Hey, Mina." I greeted her with a warm smile.

"H-hey, Jeongyeon." she shyly greeted back then tried to avoid my gaze.

"So," then I lost my senses again. I didn't know what to say next that I stood still, looking an idiot in front of her. My mind went blank.

She looked back at me smiling like she knew I was speechless for a sec.

"So?" she asked while showing a small smile. Ugh! She's killing me. Wait, I need to say something first. I thought again.

"So, what are you up to?" I finally spoke. And it was a stupid question because clearly, she was reading a damn book. In my head, I already slapped myself a lot of times.

She raised her book to show that she was indeed reading a book. Babo, Jeongyeon! 

"I see. Well, I, uh-" I rubbed my nape trying to think for my next word again. "I'll g-get g-going then." I finished my sentence stuttered. Again.