xxi

Jeongyeon's POV

"MOMO!" Everyone cried as they witnessed her fury that she has to slap me real hard.

My left cheek went numb for a few seconds but later felt it stung with Momo's right hand landed on it. I held my cheek and quickly stood up to face her with an eye level.

Momo's expression was indescribable. She was confused, mad or even guilty for what she has done. But her eyes were filled with anger. Then she took a step back as I got on my feet in the situation. She avoided my gaze and turned her back on me.

"I should've warned you before entering a relationship with Mina," she said. "Now, stay away from her and don't you dare talk to her ever again!" Then we all saw her stormed out from the room and slammed the door.

Nayeon and Dahyun winced as they heard the loud thud of the door. I loosen my breath when Momo left as I've been holding it when facing her.

"Jeongyeon, are you okay?" I heard Nayeon ask right away.

"Yeah, I'm good." I showed a fake smile. My knees were trembling as I held my cheek again. Momo's hand was rough though. Maybe that's why it stings like hell.

"I'm sorry, unnie. I should've known." Dahyun muttered while her head lowered.

"It's okay, Dahyun," I told her. "You didn't do anything wrong," I added to make her feel better.

I pursed my lips thinking about what to do next. I know I'm in a bad situation now. I broke up with Mina because of my true feelings to Nayeon. And with that, I get to taste probably the worst slap I've received from a Japanese woman.

I sighed and dropped myself on the floor again. Nayeon sat beside me with some soothing gel with her. She slid her finger and took a small amount.

"Don't move," she said then rubbed slowly the gel on my burdened cheek. I felt the air as she blew to let it cool.

"You don't have to," I told her trying to lean back and make her stop.

"Shut up, I know how painful that slap was." She said back. "I'm sorry," she whispered.

I laughed silently, "What's with you saying sorry?" I looked at Dahyun as well who seemed to be in the bad mood already. "I mean you didn't do anything. It's my fault." I told them.

Nayeon was finished with my cheek, "All done. You going back to your room now?" She asked.

"Yeah, probably. I still have things to finish." I told her. I almost forgot I'm still a student. I watched Nayeon worried about what happened and probably in shock because her face still wrinkled.

Without hesitation, I held her face to calm her down. "Relax, Nayeonie. I'm okay. This is nothing." I meant with my face.

"I know. It's Momo I am worried." Oh. "I've never seen Momo acted like that. It was a new and unexpected side of her that I just witnessed." Nayeon paused and sighed. "I'm tired. Go back to your room and rest too. You still have an early class tomorrow." She lastly instructed.

I agreed and went back on my feet. "I'm sorry for causing a scene here, Dahyun," I told her as she was in her bed still looking guilty. "I'll go now." I excused myself and walked through the front door.

My heart suddenly felt heavier as I realized again I hurt another person because of my stupidity and chickened out with the situation. Nayeon walked me through the door.

"Good night," I uttered as she stood in the doorstep.

"Want me to accompany you to your room?" She asked instead. I nodded timidly and showed a weak smile.