xx

Nayeon's POV

"I like you." Jeongyeon unexpectedly confessed to me.

"You're kidding, right?" I chuckled nervously as I asked. What's with the sudden confession? Should I believe in this? Why am I getting more anxious? Is this happening? I'm sure I'm not dreaming.

"Nayeon, hear me out first." Jeongyeon trying to calm me when she noticed how my hands were shaking, feeling uneasy.

I didn't respond and let her talk as I tried myself to calm down as well. I suddenly felt my hands cold but were getting sweaty at the same time.

"Remember two years ago when I had an accident and I wasn't able to get to class for two weeks because of my injuries?" Jeongyeon shared about her bad incident a long time ago.

It was when a reckless driver hit her on the road while she was walking on the pedestrian lane but then hit her out of nowhere. Jeongyeon's accident was severe that she had to rest in their house for weeks to recover.

"Yeah, of course. I remember." I said.

"It was that time that I realized my feelings were growing because of how you treated me. You went home to our neighborhood every single day just to visit me and bring the school works I needed to catch up just so I can't be delayed with the semester. You were there for me." I saw her smile. "Nayeon I didn't you ask to do those things but I always had you that time until now."

I was lost in my thoughts as I was striving to accept these lines she was telling me.

"Nayeon, even the slightest thing you've done so you can show how appreciated and loved I am, it was enough for me to say that I like you. How can I be so blind and dumb for not looking at you?" Should I scream now?

"Maybe I was blinded with Mina's beauty and pureness when I saw her first. I was blinded by the thought that my ideal girl will always be like Mina. But in reality, it's you that I ever wanted to be. And I got scared for admitting that I do like you more than just friends. Because in my mind I might lose you if I tell you these things."

Her speech made me giggled silently and I can't help hold my smile to her. It was kinda bit cringe and cheesy to hear those things from her. Did she get those lines in a movie? Of all the years or time she can tell me this, why now?

"Wae? Why are you laughing?" Jeongyeon's face wrinkled as she noticed how I stopped myself from laughing.

"No, I'm not." I kept my face straight as I faced her. "You think I'm joking?" She asked.

I shook my head and took a deep breath to soothe myself. "I'm still in shock, okay? You took me by surprise by confessing out of nowhere after having your break up. I don't think this includes in my expectations since I've been feeling the same way." The last words made me stop instantly. My eyes widened as I realized I confessed to her.

"What? You've been feeling the same way?" Jeongyeon repeated what I said.

I closed my eyes and buried my face on my palms feeling embarrassed and clumsy to confess to her unexpectedly.

Jeongyeon scoffed and leaned on her chair while she crossed her arms. "And you laughed at me for liking you but all this time you've been feeling the same." I looked at her feeling confused.

"Can I be honest with you? Do you think it's easy for me to handle my feelings towards my own best friend? Who expects to have a reciprocal feeling but knows that it's quite impossible to happen? Tell me." I blurted out but lowering my voice to avoid attention with the other customers.

"I don't want to rush things with you Jeongyeon. Handle your problem with Mina first and face Momo too. They need an explanation with your sudden decision. It's not that easy to get heartbroken." I told her.