ix

Jeongyeon's POV

I don't know why I said those words. I know I got Nayeon stunned with what I said, I even got myself shocked. My emotions were raging inside. I still feel dumb without knowing why she left. I deserve an explanation though. But I know what I did was wrong. I want to punch me now.

Nayeon was still speechless while Yeri was waiting for her to say something. The atmosphere was getting more awkward and intense.

However, Mina initiated for us to leave first. "Uh, I think we should go, Jeongyeon." she held my hand. Her hand was warm and soft while I can feel mine was sweating.

I nodded slowly while looking Nayeon who seemed to be getting more nervous every second I stare at her. Then I turned my back and dragged Mina out the scene.

"Bye, Yeri. Bye, unnie." Mina bid her goodbye as we both started to walked away.

I held Mina's hand tightly thinking what the hell was that? You babo! Why did you tell Yeri about those things? Nayeon will surely ignore you for the rest of your life! I was already fighting with myself.

I stomped every step I took feeling pissed off. Mina suddenly noticed my unexpected silent rage. Then she stopped both our pace. I looked back at her, she seemed worried.

"Jeongyeon, are you okay?" she asked with her eyes filled with worries.

I took a breath and exhaled to loosen up, "I'm sorry, you have to witness that." I mumbled.

"It's okay. I'm here. Tell me, what happened between you and Nayeon unnie?" she asked curiously. I never told her about Nayeon until now.

I dragged Mina to one bench located outside the dormitory. "Nayeon didn't tell me why she left the room." I lowered my head feeling embarrassed with my attitude earlier.

"Yeah, Momo unnie was surprised with that too," she reacted. "What happened next?"

"She suddenly started avoiding and ignoring me. I tried approaching her but she runs away every time. I feel stupid for not knowing anything." I stopped and took a deep breath while Mina was holding my hand.

"I tried asking Sana but she won't tell me. Chaeyoung even told me I should be the one to know it myself. But how in the world will I know if no one's helping me?!" I finally snapped. I can feel my grip on Mina's hand was tighter.

"Hey," Mina caressed my face trying to calm me. "Breathe again. In time, you will know. Just give Nayeon unnie some space this time." she said with her calm tone.

Yeah, maybe I should.

Nayeon's POV

"Unnie?" Yeri tapped my shoulder.

I flinched as I realized Jeongyeon and Mina were gone. I mentally slapped myself to get back into reality. I looked at Yeri afraid of what she might say.

"S-sorry. I, uh, I-" I trailed off as I felt my eyes were about to burst into tears. Fuck, not now! I tried convincing myself not to cry in front of Yeri.

"Come here, unnie." Yeri spread out her arms asking me for a hug. I stepped closer to her and quickly hug her. That's when I cried myself out.

"Let it out, unnie." she rubbed my back trying to comfort me.

I sniffed as I tried stopping myself from crying. "I'm sorry," I whispered. "Maybe you think I'm a bad person because of what she said." I wiped my tears.

"Ani, it's not for me to judge. Also, I have no idea what happened." Yeri said while showing a light smile.

I nodded in return as I calm down. "Yeri? Nayeon unnie?" we heard a familiar voice calling behind us. It was Dahyun.