xxxvii (2)

Jeongyeon's POV

My eyes wandered outside the window trying to figure out where exactly we are going. As I noticed some familiar buildings, then I knew where we were heading.

I didn't say anything at first and made Nayeon lead the way. I observed her driving skills and she was indeed great at it. Despite the traffic and sudden stops we had, she was still calm and relax. 

"We're here," she parked the car.

"Why are you taking me here?" I asked.

"Because I want to. And I'm done with my date with you." She laughed a bit. We both went out of the car and she handed me a hot pack to keep me warm.

We're exactly at the mountain top where she and I had our movie date before. We both love this place and I'm glad she decided to take me here. And I can't help but feel more excited about this date.

It took us almost half an hour just to reach the mountain top as I felt I was in bad shape to climb up these numerous stairs.

"Come on, Jeongie. Since when did you lose your stamina?" She asked while I was panting for my breath.

"I'm not in good shape to be in this situation, Nayeon. Plus, I still feel sick after last night's drink." I said while heaving for air as I took every step.

Nayeon just laughed off as she teased me with my bad condition.

When we finally arrived, I saw Nayeon threw her arms up and inhaled the cold air welcoming us.

"I miss this," she uttered while captivated by the city lights of Seoul in front of us.

"Yeah, me too," I responded after drinking a whole bottle of water.

Nayeon and I sat on a bench located near the edge of the mountain to have a perfect view of the city.

I know we had this kind of bond before but now's different since I'm already into her and my attention is all on her. However, deep down I still wish everything we have right now would escalate into another level. So she could actually feel my true feelings towards her.

We both got silent as we watch the city lights in our sight and admired its great scenery. She tangled her arms on mine and rested her head on my shoulder.

I slowly moved my head and placed on top of hers as I wanted to be closer to her.

"I love this," I muttered under my breath and knowing she could hear me.

"Me too," I didn't expect her to answer.

"Nayeon?" I took a deep breath first and maybe tell her everything about how I really feel.

I'm confused in both ways if I should tell her or not. I'm aware that everything could actually be changed if we didn't get to work this out. But I want to risk everything for her. I realized that she's my everything and I can't lose her this time.

"I want to tell you something," I held my breath trying to calm myself first because this will be hella confession I'll be doing.

"Wait," she stopped me. "Before that."

Then I heard a loud explosion in the sky that made me flinch. There were fireworks spreading in front of us that made me squeal in amusement. A sea of colors was flashing in front of us. My eyes were in awe witnessing the fireworks display. It's been a while since I get to see this again. It made me bring back my childhood how I love the feeling of watching this view.

"Surprise," she said with her widest smile. "There's a fireworks festival happening in the city. That's why I brought you here to see this."

I looked away from the fireworks display to see her. My mouth was half opened in amusement of her sweetest gesture. "Thank you, Nayeon. I mean really, thank you. I love it." I told her in complete excitement in my voice.