xviii

Jeongyeon's POV

I drove back to our house after knowing Mina and Chaeyoung were waiting at my house without my knowledge. Mina and I had a misunderstanding that's why I decided to cool down my head first. It all started when she asked me to go somewhere with her because she wants to stroll the city for a while after all those dance practices she has been doing.

I told her to change the date of her plans because I got tons of school work to deal and I'm not available. Our professors started to give us a lot of projects and more stress works since we're graduating students. However, Mina got mad for not considering her time too because of her dance practices, and she needed to relax and rest.

Well, what about my time? I still need to focus on my studies despite having a relationship with her. That attitude of hers pissed me off and didn't expect to see it coming.

I admit, Mina is sweet and kind. But I never thought she could be possessive and inconsiderate at times. Ugh, I should've known her better.

She's been texting me constantly and getting me calls every day since I've been avoiding her personally. I just needed to think and cool off a bit. I don't know why she needed to see me at my house at this hour when I could just deal with her when we get back.

I didn't notice that I was cursing myself silently while I was handling the steering wheel. I almost forgot Nayeon was with me who was quiet during the whole ride.

"I'm sorry if we had to leave early," I blurted in the middle of the silence between us in the car.

Nayeon showed a weak smile, "It's okay, Jeongyeon. I think you should see Mina and talk to her." She answered.

I can't help but feel a little bit of dismay from cutting my time with Nayeon. I just wanted to be alone with her as I felt freer and being myself even better. And also, I feel at peace. Like there's no other things that are needed to deal with aside from living the moment.

"Settle things with her when we get there, okay?" Nayeon added telling me.

I just nodded while taking my last turn to reach our house. Nayeon didn't say anything as we finally reach our stop. I took a deep breath first and slowly exhaled trying to calm my breathing. I don't know why but I started to get nervous knowing Mina is inside my house right now.

I turned off the engine as I parked the car inside the garage. Nayeon exited the vehicle and didn't wait for me to do the same. She was about to walk through the gate until I stopped her.

"Wait, Nayeon," I called out for her.

She turned around looking tense, "Yeah?"

"Can you come with me to meet them?" I asked her without knowing why I wanted her to be there.

Nayeon sighed and nodded as I smiled in relief. I mentally slapped myself for a million times trying to get my shit together. It's been days since I've been avoiding Mina and giving her my cold shoulders in her text messages and calls. I don't think I already have the guts to see her yet.

Then we saw Seoyeon unnie at the front door, "Hey, had fun?" She asked welcoming us home. Nayeon hugged her instantly when they saw each other.

We both nodded and walked past her. "Your friend Mina and Chaeyoung are in the living room. They've waited for about an hour now." She informed us.

We all three went to the living room and saw the two unexpected visitors to our house sitting comfortably on our couch with Seungyeon unnie.

Mina was all messed up. Her eye bags are getting deeper and darker, and she even tied up her hair. She seemed really off and stressed. And I feel bad for doing this to her.