iii

Jeongyeon's POV

I was giving Nayeon a cold compress on her ankle after she tripped herself awhile ago. "How are you feeling?" I asked her. She was sitting in bed while leaning on the wall.

"It still hurts, I can't put pressure on it," she said.

I shook my head while checking her ankle. "Jeongyeon," she whispered.

"Yeah?" I looked at her, she lowered gaze avoiding mine. "Do you like Mina?" she mumbled.

I was taken aback by her sudden question. She was serious when she asked this time, there's no mocking or teasing in her tone.

"Uh, I-" I coughed a little trying not to crack my voice, "I don't know," I answered not sure with my answer. "Why'd you ask?" I added.

"Nothing, it's just that you're too obvious of yourself," she answered with her normal self again. "You should ask her out!" she excitedly exclaimed. Nayeon's being weird. Did she hit her head? "Besides, she's pretty and talented." then a forced smile stuck on her face.

I didn't respond as I try to analyze her expression. Then suddenly she grabbed the ice pack I was putting on her ankle, "I can do this. You can now go." I nodded at her.

"Did you already have dinner?" I asked concerning my best friend.

"Yes." her answer was short.

"Okay then. I'll head out to eat. You need anything?" I asked again. She simply shook her head for a no.

I went out of the room to buy something for dinner. However, I already lost my appetite as I got out. Still, I went out to have some fresh air and think about Nayeon's question.

I walked through this small garden outside our dormitory and stayed there. I sighed as I realized maybe I do like Mina. Although I just met her, she was fun to be with.

"Jeongyeon?" I heard someone's voice behind me.

I looked back and it was Mina. What are the odds?

"Hey," I shyly greeted.

Then she sat beside me, "What are you doing here? How's Nayeon unnie?" she asked.

"Craving for some fresh air. She's still in pain." I plainly answered as I felt nervous around her again.

I saw her nod with my answers. "How about you? What are you doing here?"

"I just had dinner with Momo unnie and her friend, Sana unnie." oh, she already met Sana. "And then, I saw you here," she added.

Then suddenly, there was an awkward moment between us. Neither initiated to talk or even make a sound. I feel bothered to be with her right now since Nayeon's question kept running in my head.

"Well, I gotta go." Mina stood up.

"You should ask her out!" I remembered what Nayeon just told me. Should I? I asked myself. Maybe I should.

I grabbed Mina's wrist to stop her, "Wait," I said with my voice shaking. I tightly pursed my lips thinking how should I tell her.

"Yeah?" she asked while waiting.

"Are you free tomorrow? Wanna grab some coffee and hang out again?" finally, I was able to ask her.

Mina giggled at my gesture, "Are you asking me out, Yoo Jeongyeon?" she playfully smiled.

"Uh, y-yeah. I g-guess I was." I found myself stutter again. I rubbed my nape embarrassed of what I did.

"Sure," my eyes widened with her answer. "I would love to." Mina showed her gummy smile again.