xxxiii

Jeongyeon's POV

The next morning, I woke up alone in our room and still in Nayeon's bed. Nayeon was nowhere to be found. I scanned through the room, and my bed was fixed and felt she was gone for a while. It was already near mid-morning that I felt my stomach complained as it grumbled after skipping breakfast.

I went to take a shower first. As I turned the shower on, I remembered all the scenes that happened with Nayeon and me last night. My face heated up remembering every detail she did but then I got annoyed knowing she played with me.

"Aish," I complained as my body was aching for her touch.

Nayeon's POV

I purposely woke up early trying not to have an awkward encounter with Jeongyeon. I woke up earlier than the sun. I decided to work out outside the university and maybe have a run at the park. I wore my sweats and hoodies as I noticed the weather's condition.

I ran towards the park and got myself thinking after last night. I know it was too much to let Jeongyeon be punished that way but my emotions were raging over me that I couldn't think straight. And yes, I feel guilty and bad for what I did.

After running for almost a mile, I felt my body exhausted I sat on one bench and to rest. I bought a bottle of water from a vending machine. As I gulped every liquid down to my throat, I saw a familiar figure walking by herself and wandered the park.

She stopped the moment she saw me. I stared at her blankly not knowing what to do next. However, she continued walking towards me and paused.

"Hey, unnie. Can I join you?" Mina asked.

I nodded. Mina sat beside me silently. I didn't say anything as I waited for her to talk first.

"Unnie," she started. "It's a good thing I saw you here. I wanted to talk to you." She smiled. "You see, Jeongyeon and I didn't do anything else other than drink coffee together yesterday. She coincidentally saw me at the bus stop and we rode together. I didn't know she was going to the same location as me." Her head still faced downward as she explained.

"I was planning to study at the city library. But when I heard she was going to a coffee shop, I invited myself to join her. I sensed hesitation from her at first but agreed anyway. It's my fault, unnie." Then she eyed me this time.

"Jeongyeon didn't do anything wrong. Promise. I know Chaeyoung showed you the picture. Unfortunately, her brother took the pictures and sent them to her. I'm sorry, unnie." Mina sounded guilty as she kept on repeating she's sorry.

"Don't be sorry, Mina. I'm not mad because Jeongyeon was with you. I'm mad because she lied. She didn't tell why she was going home, did she?" Mina shook her head with my question.

"She lied about her appa's birthday. When I saw your pictures together, it got me thinking if she did go home that day." I continued.

"Well, she did unnie. I guess she left around 7-ish. She realized it was late and left." Mina uttered. I don't know if I should believe her.

"But did you ask if she was really home?" Mina asked.

"I did but I already assumed she was with you the whole evening. I called her and she said she was home." I told her. There was a pang of sudden guilt as ai realized Jeongyeon did go home.

"Did you two talk after that night? You could've settled things with her first, unnie." Mina commented. And she has a point though.

"No. I didn't get to talk to her. I was already upset and mad that my emotions were uncontrollable. I just hate people lying." I said.