xxx

Jeongyeon's POV

As I finished my shower and changed my clothes for bed, I went over Nayeon's bed while she was leaning on the headboard. I replaced the book she was reading with myself and tangled with her.

"I need to study, Jeongyeon." She said while I was hugging her side making her trapped by my strong arms.

"But you said we can do this," I complained while pouting to make her fall for my charm.

"Aish, whatever." Then she moved a little to level her body on mine and I was able to see her face to face.

"Better," I whispered.

I admit I lied to Nayeon about who was I was texting with. I just don't want her to worry that I was texting Mina. Plus, we're not in a relationship. So what's the fuss of letting her anyway? It's not that I'm cheating on her. But still, I don't think it's the right time to tell her everything about what I am doing.

And yes, I'm guilty of lying.

Nayeon and I were in silence as we both felt safe in each other's arms. A few minutes of playing the staring game, she fell asleep after and I heard her snore quietly.

"Good night," I kissed her nose. And went over my bed. But as I rolled over to leave her bed, Nayeon quickly clasped my hand.

"Kajima, please." She begged with her eyes closed.

I smiled looking at her face wrinkled when she knew I'd leave her. I went to her bed again and felt instantly her warmth as she seized me with her arms again.

- - -

Since I already lied to Nayeon about going home, I decided to go home and get along with it. But I'm all aware of how lame my excuse to her was. And no, it's not my father's birthday. I just hope she won't catch me with that. Although I feel bad about lying, this could be a good day having some alone time or even just contemplate.

I told Nayeon about my departure and informed her that I'll be going back the next day early in the morning. It surprised me she didn't ask to go with me.

"Are you sure you're not coming with me?" I asked again but deep inside I was hoping she would still refuse.

"Yeah, I still have a lot of things to finish. I don't want to delay these before the final examinations come." She said insisting that she's not coming.

"Okay, then. I'll be back tomorrow morning. Bye!" Then I left our room by myself.

As I walked towards the bus stop, I saw a familiar figure sitting with a book on her hand. I went closer to her and saw Mina sitting by herself while waiting for the bus.

"Hey, Mina." I greeted her first.

She looked up as she heard her name which made her startled with my sudden appearance. "Oh. Hey, Jeongyeon." She showed her usual light smile.

"Are you alone?" I asked as I noticed that she was all by herself and not with that little beast again.

"Yeah, Chaeyoung's not with me if that's what are you asking," Mina slightly chuckled as she noticed me scanning my eyes around.

"Ah, yeah." I nervously laughed. "I'm just scared of that person," I added.

"I'm sorry about Chaeyoung, Jeongyeon," Mina's expression changed when I mentioned again being afraid to Chaeyoung. Her head hung down feeling bad again.