xxiii

Jeongyeon's POV

Our reporting was a success. Luck was on our side that we didn't stutter or even got nervous while talking in front. Plus we were able to retrieve our file as we got Nayeon's laptop.

I went home after our class as I already felt exhausted with all that pressuring ourselves and thinking how to fucking get over with the reporting and stuff. Jihyo and I separated our ways as we reached outside of our building.

It was a mid-afternoon that I was able to rush back home in my free time. Luckily, there was a notice we won't be having my last class for the day. So meaning I get to go home earlier.

"What should I do today?" I asked myself while walking back to the dormitory. "Maybe I could ask Nayeon out?" I mentally smiled with the thought. I nodded in agreement and flashed a wide grin on my face despite walking alone with people walking around on the campus. Stop smiling, you look like an idiot. My other self protested.

When I reached the dormitory building, I rushed myself upstair feeling excited that Nayeon might be waiting for me. However, luck was no longer on my side when I bumped on Mina in the hallway.

There was anguish and grief in her eyes that I can almost drown in guilt the second I look at them. I can't feel my body the moment Momo came after her.

Momo's expression was plain and dull as she saw me. Because of that traumatic experience, I got from her, I can feel my chest getting heavier as well as my breathing. It got worse when I saw her hand that made my body uneasy.

They stopped and stared at me for like a few seconds and walked pass by me as if I was no one. Well, I am now though.

As the two Japanese was no longer in my sight, another Japanese woman came after them.

"Hey, Jeongyeon." Sana greeted. Her voice saved me from getting numb and scared from those two. I went back to reality that Sana literally waved her hand in front of me. "You okay?" She asked. "You look pale."

I coughed off the tension in my body and blinked a lot of times to get myself back to normal. "Yeah, I'm sorry. I was spacing out." I told her.

"Are you sure?" Sana placed her hand on my forehand. "You're not sick, are you?" She asked as she felt worried about my face.

"I'm okay, Sana. I have to go." I excused myself awkwardly and walked pass her to get into my room. My pace was bigger in order to get into my room faster so I can breathe.

I immediately opened the door widely and closed it shut. I dropped myself on the floor while trying to catch my breath. It felt like I had a panic attack as I can't go along with my breathing. It felt like I was choked to death that I desperately needed air.

My chest starting to get heavier and I started to get panic when I can no longer control my breath.

"Fuck!" I hissed as I held my chest. With all those catching of breaths, I suddenly felt tired that I got all sweaty. Since I was panicking, I can no longer think straight and do something about it.

Someone suddenly opened the front door, but because I was blocking the way, the door can't be fully open.

"Yah, Yoo Jeongyeon?" It was Nayeon's voice through the small opening. "What are you doing? You're blocking."

I moved a little to give her space and probably can help me right away. As she successfully went in, she was startled as she saw me having a panic attack.

"Jeongyeon! Are you okay? Are you having an attack?" She asked trying to calm herself while confronting me. I nodded forcefully in return.

She stood up and went over her stuff to find something. She found an inhaler from her medicine kit and went over our small pantry to get some paper bags.