xix

Jeongyeon's POV

"I don't think this is working, Mina."

I blurted out in the middle of our conversation. She was telling me some things that I'm no longer interested in.

"What?" I can see her face wrinkled and confused with my sudden words.

Mina and I were in the living room compromising with our mistakes and trying to fix it. It was in the middle of the night when she and Chaeyoung went here during my time with Nayeon.

I don't know why but I think I never felt love towards Mina anymore. I don't even know if I truly loved her. All I know is that I like her, and that's two different things. I think I rushed things with her.

I didn't notice I was staring at her without saying anything. But I can see in her eyes that she doesn't want me to end things with her.

"Wae, Jeongyeon? Can I please know why? If it's about my attitude then I'll change it for you. Just don't break up with me. I can't lose you." Mina begged. Her tone wasn't soft and low like her usual. And it was a new side of her I just witnessed.

"No, Mina. It's not about you." I was about to say "it's me" but I know I sounded cliché. I lowered my head trying to avoid her eyes. I can't bear looking at her feeling desperate.

"Then what?" She asked. I can hear her voice cracking as she was about to burst into tears.

"I don't know, Mina. I don't know." I said, "I don't know why I think we'll never work." I ended my sentence as I felt my tears started to flow.

"I'm sorry, Mina," I whispered.

"You're so unfair, Jeongyeon." She whispered back.

"I know." I feel bad for being this confusing jerk to her. "But let me tell you something, I never had a girlfriend before, Mina. That's why I never thought I would have the guts to ask you to be my girlfriend. I like you and no doubt you are likable. However, I suddenly felt a force like I'm pulled away from you." I paused to wipe my tears.

"I like you, Mina. I really do. I just don't want you to get hurt because of me anymore-" I was cut off with my speech when she chimed in.

"Cut the crap, Jeongyeon." Mina's personality changed. "Just tell me if you like someone else." She was getting more straightforward.

Her statement hit me harder than I expected. Do I? My eyes widened by surprise after hearing her. I can't move my mouth to utter words.

"Well?" She waited.

"Uh," I can't think of any words. It felt like my mind went empty.

"Jeongyeon, just tell me if you like someone!" Mina unexpectedly hissed and silently burst into tears.

"Y-yes," I finally said something. "Yes, Mina. I think I like someone." I can feel my heartbeat rapidly pacing the moment I get to say I like someone else.

"Mianhae, Minari," I muttered.

"Do I know her?" She asked.

"Yes," I answered hastily.

"Okay, stop. I don't wanna hear it anymore. I'm going home." Mina stood up but I stopped her as I grabbed her wrist.

"It's late, Mina. Just stay for the night." I offered. "You can stay in my room and I'll crash here on the couch."

"No, I'll sleep here. You stay in your room. I don't want to grief on your bed." She has a good point. The atmosphere became more awkward after telling her everything. And I feel so bad about this break-up.