xiv

Nayeon's POV

After we had our dinner with unnie, we went home directly since we still have class the next day. Unnie dropped us off in our school and then she went home also. About Jeongyeon's sudden comment during dinner, I didn't bother digging up the meaning of it. However, I still got curious about what she meant.

"Yeah, I know." Those words kept on repeating in my head.

Jeongyeon and I walked back to our dormitory silently. I don't want to engage a conversation after what she said. However, the silence broke when she finally talked.

"So what will you do tomorrow?" She asked.

I just shrugged with my response, "You?" I asked back.

"Same."

Then the conversation was done.

- - -

Jeongyeon and I became casual friends. We greet each other whenever we see each other in the hallways. It was like everything changed after that night we had our dinner unnie.

It didn't bother me for days but it became more just a month. And it got me worried why she was having her distance from me. I wanted to ask her about it but I scared that she might ignore me or I might embarrass myself.

But one night came, she suddenly texted me about meeting her outside the dormitory where she was waiting. It was almost midnight and I decided to see her. Maybe it was urgent.

I went out with my sweats and saw her sitting on one bench. I silently walk towards her and sat beside her.

"Hey, what's up?" I greeted her.

"Hey," her smile was weak and may be forced.

"So, what's this about? It's late." I was in my casual tone.

Jeongyeon looked away and looked up in the sky, "Do you still remember when we had our sleepover in our yard. We used your tent and had our sleeping bags inside."

Of course, that night. It was one of the memorable nights I had in my entire life. We were still in high school at that time. Jeongyeon wanted to have a sleepover but something different. So we both decided to put up a tent outside their house.

"Yeah, I can still remember. What about it?" I asked back.

"I don't know. I just remember that night when we did stargazing too while we were cuddling." The last words surprised me. Like I literally gasped internally when she mentioned about us cuddling. I can feel my cheek heated a little bit.

The reason why that night will always be memorable because it was the night we both felt like we had our own world and we were free from everything.

"Nayeon," this time she faced me. I can see her face worried for I don't know why. "I'm sorry if I took my distance from you. I know you weren't stupid realizing that I was withdrawing myself," she said.

I had no words to respond back. So I let her continue and tried to prepare myself with her sudden speech.

"There are things that made me think and the only way to stop this is to keep myself away from you first," her chosen of words confused me bit by bit.

"I," she continued. "I think there are moments when I thought that maybe this was just a phase or I'm just delusional," she smiled nervously on her own.