08: Soulmate

Christopher Brown

    This was truly the hardest part about leaving for tour: having to leaving Royalty. This was my last night in California, because tomorrow morning, I was leaving to catch a flight to Albany, NY,  for my opening show. I wasn't spending my last night home with any hoes, no drinking with Mijo or Tyga, no wondering how Luna felt, just watching Frozen with my baby girl. 

She would occasionally look up at me with those big brown eyes to make sure I was still watching the movie, and I was. I enjoyed seeing Elsa kick Anna out of her frozen castle, even though Royalty had made me watch it so many times before. 

"This is my favorite part, Daddy." She cheered, pointing at the screen when Olaf, the handmade snowman, fell down a mountain. I smiled at her. "Yeah, me, too." 

  It was something about spending time with Royalty that made me feel so calm. It was so peaceful. No matter what foul crap they printed about me in their blogs, and no matter how many women called me a dog, none of that affected her. It could very well be because she couldn't read that good yet, but whatever.

      I hadn't saw Luna since the day we snuck into Mrs. Winston's, if that is her name, office. I kept quiet about the aliases I'd found until I could do more research on it. Yes, Luna was supposed to be the investigative journalist, but I just wanted to help her. But, maybe I should let her do what she wanted. She made it clear she wanted to take things slow, and while I agreed, she wanted things to move so slow that they didn't move at all and I didn't have time. My heart would always wait for her, but the last time the rest of me tried, I ended up having Royalty. 

It was great being able to talk to her and see her after so long. It was even better getting to know the new her. She used to didn't like pickles on her burgers, nor did she used to post bikini pictures on Instagram, but I had to learn that Luna was a new person now. While I appreciated getting to know her again, I wanted more. I don't want to not kiss her when I see her or not slap her ass when she walks by me in bicycle shorts. 

I want to show her exactly how I feel about her, but she liked things exactly how they were. I sighed and picked up my phone to text her. I know this was my time with Royalty, and while I was thankful because I didn't always have time with her, I just couldn't get Luna off my brain. One day, I wanted to be able to watch Frozen with both my girls, and a little boy cooking in Luna's stomach. 

Hopefully one day.

Chris: I want 2 see u b4 I leave 2morrow. Come over?

I tucked my phone into my pocket and waited on her response. Seeing her occasionally at work, and this texting stuff wasn't sitting right with me. This was just not a woman I could be just friends with. My heart started racing once I felt the phone vibrate in my pocket. 

Luna: Okay. But only for a little. I got work 2 do!

I smiled like a little kid. "Ro, Daddy's gonna have a friend over, is that okay?" She looked up at me. "Do they like Frozen? And do they have ice cream?" I chuckled. This girl here.

"Yes, she likes Frozen, and I don't know if she has ice cream, but I can check." 

"So, it's a girl?" She put her fingers on her chin. "Okay, then."

My heart momentarily paused as I realized I was bringing a woman around Royalty for the first time, but her mother, Nia, and I were in a great place now. We barely spoke, we conversed through our moms and I said nothing when she brought her numerous boyfriends around Royalty, so she should be okay. I walked to the kitchen and looked for clean bowls as the magic rock trolls came on the screen. Ro was glued to the screen.