10: Damn Della!

Christopher Brown

The past couple weeks had been amazing for me. Luna and I were amazing, talking everyday to one another. My tour had been going great, selling out everywhere we went. And, Royalty's mother had a boyfriend, so we rarely spoke.

Just amazing. 

    "Alright, everyone! Listen up!" I gathered my back-up dancers into a small circle. "Practice yesterday was hectic. However, we're gonna go out and kill it as always, right?" I looked around as all of them agreed, except one, Della.

Della and I were never serious. Not that I regret sleeping with her or anything, but I was back with Luna now, and flirting with Della was not going to screw this up for me. I sensed she was tight because lately I haven't been giving her that much attention, but whatever. Do your job and go home like the rest of us.

"Everything okay, Della?" I asked through gritted teeth. She caught my eye and huffed. "Yeah, I just need to talk to you before the show." The rest of the dancers looked between us. "About my leg." She stuttered. I motioned for the rest of the gang to go on with their stretches as Della and myself stayed back. 

I raised an eyebrow. "What's with your leg?"

"What's with you ghosting me?!" She literally screamed. "You're treating me different and everyone notices it!" She folded her arms like a mad toddler. "First of all, lower your voice. Secondly, why on earth would you tell people we had sex? That was like forever ago!"

"Is it that new bitch you hired at CBE? Because.."
"Watch your mouth." She rolled her eyes. "So, it is? I've heard so much foul stuff about that girl. You need to watch your back."

I shook my head and waved Della away. "You need to go stretch for this last solo of yours. After tonight, you're demoted and Ashley does all the solos, since you wanna be.."

"Really, Chris?!" I was so tired of this broad screaming. "Over a PR girl?"

"She's more than a PR girl, we have history. So, get over yourself. It was a drunken night." She chuckled nastily. "How ya'll got history when she was talking to my cousin, Joey, for months on end?" I gave her a look. "Why don't you mind your business?" I began to walk away from crazy Della.

Yes, I know that Luna used to talk to some guy named Joey before me, and also once we separated, however, she hadn't slept with anyone but me, ever. And she's never loved anyone but me, ever, so that's all that mattered. 

Forget Joey and Della.

Luna Livingston

After dropping Mother back off at home, I got on the freeway to head to Chili's. Kendall, Kate, and I hadn't seemed to get on the same schedule in about a week and I missed them. They were truly the best friends a girl could ever have.

After arriving, I got out the car and locked my door. I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket, but I ignored it. It was probably just Kendall and Kate rushing me. I walked in and immediately noticed them sitting in a booth towards the back. They both wore neon colored shirts so it wasn't hard to spot them. 

I walked towards them and smiled, greeting them both with a hug. "Hey! How are you guys?" I asked. I looked up when I saw they hesitated. "Hey, Luna. Who's Della?" Kate asked.

"Dang, just get right into it, huh?" Kendall scoffed. Kate turned her attention toward me. "Who's Della, Luna? Do you know her?" I nodded my head and picked up the menu, attempting to find an appetizer. "I think she's one of Chris' dancers. I think, why? Is this work related?"