22: Right Decision

Luna Livingston

"How long has this been going on?" I asked him once I saw he'd finished crying. He wiped his nose with his sleeve. 

"About 2 weeks. I'm not addicted or anything but I know I need help. The last thing Royalty needs is two crackhead parents." That's what they all say.

It was really hard to be remorseful for him when I know that if I didn't catch him today, he would still be doing this. It was also hard to focus on his recovery when I was actually planning on moving. I silently wished things could go back to normal, or at least as normal as they could. 

"Do you feel as if you need to see someone?" I asked. "Or do you need rehab?" He shook his head. "Nah, I should be good. Just throw them out. I took one for a headache I had one day and now look at me, flipping this place over." He chuckled but I didn't. I wanted to believe him so bad. 

But something told me I couldn't.

I got up and walked to the garbage disposal, dumping the pills in one by one. "We'll see." I responded. Once I was done, he changed the subject. "So how was your mom's?"

I smiled. "It was great. Royalty had a great time. We played with some of my old toys and we baked cookies."

"So I take it your mom is doing good with the cancer battle?"

"She's actually in remission!" I shrieked happily, half in disbelief. "She has been for 2 weeks and I didn't even know. I feel like I'd been so disconnected." He nodded. "You should do something for her. Like throw her a party or something. Or even a small dinner."

I fidgeted with my fingers. "A small dinner would be nice. Like at her favorite restaurant or something. And have it all nicely decorated and invite some of her closest friends and all." He smirked. "And don't forget you have the world's best planner to help you."

I giggled. "Oh, hush." He stepped closer to me and stopped. "I really am sorry, Luna. I meant what I said, I'm gonna do better." I nodded and looked him in his eyes. It seemed that he really was being honest. He leaned in and kissed my lips. When he kissed me, it felt so... needed.

"I love you." He mumbled against my lips. 
"I love you more." I responded, wrapping my arms around his torso.

Later that day, after doing some planning with Chris, I started getting ready for my dinner with Kate and Kendall. Chris stepped in the bathroom with me, watching me apply my lotion.

"Need any help?"

I shrugged and let him apply the lotion to my back arms and legs. I didn't even know I was tense or needed a massage until now. "So I wanted to run something by you." He said.

"Okay..." I said, not knowing where this was going. 

"I have to go to Florida for about a week. It's a couple concerts and walkthroughs I'm doing. Royalty is going to go with my mom, so I was wondering if you wanted to come with me." I grinned at the fact that he'd actually invited me.

Although I needed to stay and reconnect with my family and friends, my relationship had been through a lot lately and I know I needed to do this. 

"Of course." He smiled and stood up. "Great. I actually leave in two days so that gives you time to pack and plan. I know you like to have an itinerary." I chuckled. "You know me so well."

I slipped on a Pink Floyd T-shirt and went into the closet for some tights or jeans. "I feel a little uneasy being in here, I feel like you're gonna lock me in again." I told him. He just smirked. "Nah. Once in a lifetime thing." I nodded my head.