13: I Got You

THREE MONTHS LATER

Luna Livingston

"Can you move please?" I furrowed my brows and pushed Chris off of me as I attempted to finish getting dressed. I was finally getting out of this hellhole and I'm guessing he couldn't believe it either because he couldn't stay off of me. 

"I'm sorry, I just can't believe it, I'm so ready for us to share a bed again." He kissed me and I winced in pain. Yes, I was conscious, but that was it. I was still in pain, I still didn't know who shot me or why, nor did I remember anything from the last couple months. I remember going to lunch with Kate and finding Nia at Tumbling Tots, that's it. 

"I missed you." I told him, rubbing my thumb over his palm. I was told that he never stopped trying to find out what happened to me, but it really doesn't matter. Whoever it was, was long gone, and I didn't care. 

"I missed you more, babe. Now finish getting ready. I'm sick of these walls." I chuckled and slipped on an old hoodie. "Let me just grab my..."

    "Well, when you were using, where would you meet her? We need to do a bit of snooping around before I can write anything else, or tell anyone else, including Chris...."

"Luna! Luna, baby, you okay?" I looked at him and chewed my bottom lip. 

What the hell was that? Was it a flashback or memory? It sounded like my voice, but I don't remember those words. Why would I keep something from Chris? For a story?

I looked at him and shook my head. "N-Nothing. Let's get out of here." He side eyed me, so I know he wasn't going to ease up on me about it, but I prayed he would. 

Whatever happened, I don't remember, and I don't want to.

Fuck that story.

Hopefully, Chris lets this go.

Christopher Brown

I'm most definitely not letting this go. I know Luna remembers something, she's just a little scared to say. One way or another she's gonna tell me, even if I'm not being 100% with her.

The day after she was shot and hospitalized, Kendall and I went to Penguin Publishing, but it wasn't there. Just a empty lot, as if nothing had ever been there.

We went to the address Kate gave us, but nothing was there either. Just a empty apartment. The manager said whoever lived there moved away in a hurry. 

Moral of the story is, we all know who shot her and why, but no proof. If Luna remembers something, then we would have something, but until then nothing. I hadn't seen Ella around at the office, and Kendall said she hadn't been around the salon. 

It was either her bald headed ass or her ugly mama, and one of them were going down for what they did to my baby. 

     "You hungry, babe?" I gave her exposed thigh a gentle squeeze since she was still in a little pain. She looked at me and smirked. "I'm not."

"But you are." I gave her a uncertain look. "Huh?"

"You're hungry. You need to eat." She twisted her lips in this sly grin. I sighed and shook my head.

This girl has been trying to get frisky the whole time she's been conscious in the hospital, but I always thought those beds were dirty, so I passed the opportunity up. But now that she was out, things could change. 

"Oh, yeah?" 

"Yeah. I could use a relaxer since I've been so stressed in the hospital."

"I got you." I winked at her and stopped at the red light. I began unbuttoning my jeans when she stopped me.