36: Shadow

Luna Livingston

I looked at the test in Chris' hand, then back at his face. I felt my breath get caught in my throat. 

"No, it can't be." He waved the test in my face. "Well, it says so. So I don't know." He rubbed the back of his neck, but his expression was unreadable. "I don't know." I heard him huff softly. 

"I took a test with Kendall and Honey, it said negative." He shrugged. "It probably was a cheap ass test, but if you don't think you are, feel free to take another test." I shook my head, mostly because I didn't want to know. With the way things were going between Chris and I, we really didn't need to bring a kid into the mix. While I would love for the baby to bring us closer, I was almost positive it wouldn't. If anything, the baby would complicate things more.

"So what're you going to do?" He asked, after about three minutes of silence. We were still in the bathroom, and I was sitting on the sink, while he paced back and forth around the tub. 

"I mean, you're getting rid of it, right?" He asked, coldly. I looked at him in disgust. Was he serious?

"What?"

"Come on Luna, you know I'm trying to move on, if you keep this baby, that'll just be cruel." I scoffed. "Cruel? You telling a woman who's lost a child before to abort another baby isn't cruel? You talking to me coldly isn't cruel?"

He shrugged again, nonchalantly. "I mean, I was just trying to help you save face. It's not like you know who the father is, and if it is that clown's baby, then you have to go live in New York. I was just trying to help."

I couldn't believe my ears. His facial expression stayed blank, so I didn't know if he really meant what he saying or not. "I never slept with anyone else but you." He finally met my gaze, and shook his head. "Okay." I knew he didn't believe me.

"Why am I here?" I snapped. "I know you're hurt, but it's no reason for you to treat me like this." He snickered, and walked out the bathroom, leading me to follow him. "It's not? I heard you out, I'm still allowing you in my presence even after you stepped out on me, you can't expect anything else from me right now." 

"What is it gonna take for you to believe that I never cheated?" He turned to face me and his eyes were so dark. "Time. I loved you to the best of my abilities and it's gonna take me a while to be able to sit around you and be nice. I need you to respect that. I have no problem helping out my child, but I can't be around you right now." I sighed and turned on my heels. There was nothing else left for me to say, there was nothing else for me to say. 

He was mad, and he had every right to be, I just wished things would get better. For me and for this baby.

Christopher Brown

I was so sick of getting off the plane in New York,  but yet, here I was. I stood in the parking lot for a minute before moving. Did I really want to do this?

Did I care?

I pulled my vibrating phone out of my pocket and rolled my eyes. Fucking Evie was the biggest mistake of my life. She never seemed to stop calling or texting. If she wasn't blowing my phone up, she was stopping by the house unannounced. I had told everyone at the office that I'd retired, which meant that these calls couldn't have been about business. I put it on silent, and got in the car that was awaiting for me. 

I really didn't know why I was here. It didn't matter if Luna and Joey had slept together or not, she still kissed him, which meant she cheated. 

But, if I'm gonna be a part of any kid's life, I at least need to make sure that it's mine.