35: Positive

Christopher Brown

"You've lost it. I'm not doing it." Evie snapped. I slapped her bare ass that was arched in the air. 
"Oh, really?"

I heard her wince in pain. "Okay! Okay! I'll do it." I entered her slowly and got her adjusted to me, then I began to thrust inside of her. "Fucckkk, I'm sorry Chrissss!" She gripped the bed sheets.

"For what?" I moaned into her ear. 

"For ch-ch-cheatingggggg! I..will... neverrrrrr do itttt again!" She breathed out. I began to thrust my frustrations into her mercilessly, not caring that she was screaming to the top of her lungs. I thought of how angry it made me, that I had to result to this, and how Luna made me feel like I wasn't enough.

But I was sure enough for Evie. Maybe even too much. 

The rest of the sex went by in a blur because once I got my frustrations out, I didn't care what she felt. That was the beauty of it. That I didn't have to care, and she was still going to be here, because Evie loved me.

Too bad I could never love anyone ever again.

It was about 5 hours later and I was still in bed, laying my life away. I had quit my job, I lost my woman, and I was using another woman. Great life right?

I sat up slowly and took a sip of my now-hot Sprite, then stood up. I stretched as Evie came in. She was no fully dressed. "Hey. Someone keeps calling your phone."

I walked past her into the bathroom. "Change my number please." She agreed and began to type away at her and my phone. I furrowed my eyebrows as I noticed my iPad on the bathroom counter. I knew this meant that Evie had been going through my stuff, but I paid it no mind.

She knows who she is to me and what purpose she serves, let's just hope she knows her boundaries.

Luna Livingston (The Next Day)

I was standing in front of my home, unwelcome as ever. We never talked about who would move out, or what would happen, but I guess that was why I was here. 

This was my happy place, but I was very unhappy. 

I knocked twice and to my surprise, it opened suddenly. "Oh, Lilly! Hi! Chris was expecting you, and I was just leaving." I stared at her in disgust and she repaid the look, so I said nothing. 

I sucked up my pride and entered the door she left open. I was expecting to see Chris in the bedroom, but he sat at the kitchen bar, in nothing but his boxers.

My heart was already torn, so this just numbed me. I still had no clue why I was staying sick, and now this. His eyes met mine and we said nothing to each other. 

After a while, he cleared his throat. "I forgot you lived here." He muttered. He reeked of sex.

"Where you staying?" I shook my head. "I'm not, I just came to talk to you." He said nothing, so I continued. "My lease isn't up on the New York condo another couple months, so I'm going to stay until then. Then, I'll try to move back out here. I'll probably stay with Mom." His eyes stayed on the floor.

"And your stuff?"

"I'll get it moved soon." It was taking everything in me not to cry, and also to keep the containments of my stomach, in my stomach. I breathed slowly and made a mental note to call the doctor as soon as I could. 

"Look, Luna.." He held up his hand. "I'm going to be honest. This has never happened before. I really feel like I got burned by you and I'm having a hard time getting over it. You were my everything.."

"Chris, you are my everything." He cut me off. "But I don't wanna be. How do you think it makes me feel to hear that you love me so much, but you just couldn't remember that you loved me when you were flirting with your boss. I never made you feel like that, I gave you everything and you go and do this to me!" I could tell he was getting upset. 

"I called you every night. Sometimes four times in a row, and you would tell me you were working late. I'm the one who was working late but I made time for you, I supported your dreams and I loved you like no other."

I bent over to hide my tears, but ended up feeling like I was going to upchuck again. I ran down the hall, despite his yelling. "Don't walk away from me when I'm talking to you!" He said, chasing me into the bathroom.

As I vomited, he continued to talk. "I quit my job just so you could feel that I supported you. I fired Evie, I didn't even look at another female. Just why?" I wondered if he was talking more to me or himself, given that my face was in the toilet.

Once I got my mouth cleaned up. I flushed the toilet and sat on the sink. He began to rummage through the bathroom closet as I spoke.

"Regardless of how the situation looks, I love you Chris. I always wanted my family, it was just that I wasn't know as Chris Brown's girlfriend. No one immediately tied me to you. People befriended me because I was a nice person, not because of who I was dating. I guess I just missed the fact that I was someone outside of you and I got caught up, that's it." I wiped my wet eyes with my hand.

"That doesn't mean that I didn't love you. I did love you, I do love you. While I did mess up, that never changed. You gotta believe me. Yes, I went to New York to find me, but I wouldn't have done it, if I knew finding me meant losing you. And now I know that I can't find myself without you there because there is no me without you. Please, Chris." I looked at him as he handed me a brown bag.

He seemed so nonchalant, I wish I knew what he was thinking.

I opened the bag. "A pregnancy test?" He nodded. "You're showing signs."

I shook my head. "I took one in New York, I'm not. It was negative." "Well, take that one and we'll see." He paced the bathroom. "Also, I feel what you were saying, I just need some time to process it, please." He stared at the floor and I wondered if he felt guilty at all for sleeping with Evie when I never even touched Joey.

I opened the box and took the cap off the test. Realizing that Chris had seen everything I have to offer, I took off my shorts and peed on the stick. "So, now what?" I asked him, shocked that he actually had took the time and heard me out today. 

He threw up his hands. "What do you want me to say? I'm stuck, I need time." I nodded sadly and placed the cap back on the stick, awaiting on the results. "Once you see it's negative, I'm gonna let myself out." I said softly. 

I wanted to cry, but I knew that this was the best I could hope for, and that it would be a stretch to ask him to do anything more. 

I pulled my hair back into a ponytail and headed for the door. "Thanks for listening, Chris." I said. I was halfway out when he called out to me. "Luna."

"Yes?" I asked.

"Positive."

I looked at him as he held up the test. "It's positive. The test is positive."