29: No Place Like (a temporary) Home (part two)

Luna Livingston

Tears streamed down my face as I realized something. "You don't trust me, do you?" 

Chris threw the gift bag at my face but missed. He snarled, but said nothing. "Why should I? Look what you do. You have me out here looking stupid as hell! The worst thing I ever did was trust you."

"Chris! Don't be like that! It was just a..." He jumped in his Bugatti and slammed the door, but rolled down the window. "Fuck you."

"I--you don't mean that, baby."

"Fuck you! From the bottom of my heart, stay the fuck away from me and my child." He flicked his dull cigarette out the window and sped off down the road.

I struggled to catch my breath. It felt like I had been hit been hit by a car, but I was still physically healthy. I turned to face Joey and screamed. "GET OUT!" I pointed to the parking lot, which was now full of people who'd heard Chris and I going back and forth.

He stood up and pulled his shirt back on and grinned at me. "Okay. If that's what you want." He grabbed his keys from my end table and walked out, leaving Kate, Cannon, and myself alone.

"You okay?" She asked.

I woke up in a cold sweat, hyperventilating. I looked around and saw Kate standing in front of me, but she was still pregnant. The condo was still empty and Chris nor Joey were here.

"You okay?" Kate asked, touching my arm as she did in the dream. I shrieked so loud she almost dropped her glass of water. 

"What the hell, Luna? What's going on?"

I sat up and rubbed in my hair. In the dream, it was down, but now it was up. Was it a dream?

"Cannon?" I asked. She looked at me like I'd grown three heads. 

"Kendall! I need your help!" She called out. I grabbed her by the hand and shook my head. "I just had a bad dream, okay?It's nothing."

She shook her head. "Who's Cannon?"

I looked down at her huge baby belly and shook my head again. "No one. Nothing."

She then smirked. "Is that your nickname for the baby? I like it!" She rubbed her stomach. "If it is a boy, I'll definitely consider it." She walked out of the room and I followed her.

I remember opening the door for her and Kendall, and I remember them bringing the chair I fell asleep in. I don't remember falling asleep though.

Trying to force myself it was just a dream, I walked into the kitchen. "I bought some microwavable dinners." Kendall said from behind me. "That should hold us until we can get to the grocery store tomorrow." 

I grabbed a bag of pizza rolls from the fridge and thanked him. "Ooh, I wanna go to Central Park." He said, typing away on his laptop. "It seems so fun and cool. What about you, Luna?"

"Huh?" I asked, a little startled. I'd barely been paying attention. The dream just felt so real. I could feel the sweat beading on my forehead and my eyes were watery. I could hear the door on Chris' car slam in my ears right now, and his freshly dyed hair seemed so real.

All of it, seemed so real. But it wasn't, it can't be. Kate hadn't had her baby, and Chris wasn't here yet.

And I had no interest in Joey like that.

After warming up the pizza rolls, I placed them back in the fridge to cool off. "So are you gonna find a boo while were out here?" I asked him.

He made eye contact with me and snickered. "Um, no. I'm good."