19: Just Getting Started

Christopher Brown

I rummaged through my medicine cabinet hidden in the bathroom, trying to look for my pills. This Luna shit had pissed me all the way off and if I didn't calm down now, I may end up saying or doing something I regret.

I located the bag and popped a couple into my mouth with no water because I didn't need any. I sighed and laid against the wall. I instantly felt myself calm down and relax.

Don't get me wrong though, I was still going to show Luna who's really running this show and who's just selling the tickets.

Okay, that didn't make sense, but I'm honestly high out of my mind, so who cares?

Seeing Luna on Hoody's snapchat last night really triggered something within me. Something I haven't felt for at least a couple years. Pure anger and disgust for a human being.

I knew it was something as to why she keeps acting out and accusing me of shit. I just didn't know she was out here fucking cheating. We can argue all day but once you go and smile in another nigga face, were fucking done.

I looked up as Royalty came out of her room, rubbing her eyes. She instantly warmed my icy heart and made me regret taking those pills. All I needed to relax was her. 

She smiled when she saw and gave me a hug. Little did she know I needed it way more than she'd ever know.

"Good morning, Daddy."

"Good morning, I love you." I sighed. She was literally the only girl in the world who would never treat me any type of way. Royalty loves me and shows me that. Not that bullshit love Luna throws my way.

"I love you more, are you busy?" I looked at her, startled a bit. 

"Um, not at the moment, no. I have dance rehearsal later on, but you can come if you want. I know it's Friday, and Fridays are our days."

She giggled to herself and sat on the couch. I followed behind her. "Everyday is our day because Mommy still didn't answer did she?" I huffed and ran a hand down my face. I had actually forgot about Nutty Nia because I was so upset over Loony Luna. 

"Um, she actually did, Ro. She said she's going to feel better one day. For you." I left out the part about her saying she would call because I didn't want to get her hopes up in case she didn't. 

Ro looked up at me with an unsure expression. "Daddy?"

"Yes, baby?"

"Morgan Newman told me her mommy does things she wants to do. Like watch movies and get ice cream and stuff."

"Okay..." I said, not sure where she was going with this.

"And that Morgan loves her because they're like the bestest of friends. But I saw Morgan's mom at Muffins with Mom and she was..."

"She was what? She choked on a muffin?"

"What? No, silly! She was my color, but lighter. Like a marshmallow color. And Morgan is brown. Really brown. When I asked, she said she just met this mommy because her daddy didn't like the other one she had."

"Where are you going with this, Royalty?"

"That if a mommy is someone who loves you, and does stuff like what Morgan does with her marshmallow mommy then maybe I don't miss my mommy like I thought and I would like to trade her in for Luna."

I tried to contain my eyes from bulging out of my head. I would have never let Luna around Ro if I knew she was going to be out doing snake shit. I never wanted my daughter to get attached to any woman unless I knew for a fact she would be around for the long run.