Lost

Jimin had been waiting for Taehyung to get home, sad because he missed him. It was clear he had separation anxiety but there was nothing that could be done to help it.

It was around 6 pm when he heard the front door opening. He got off the couch and scurried into the foyer, Taehyung pulling him into his warm embrace.

He sighed tiredly, stroking Jimin's hair gently. "I'm sorry." Taehyung whispered. "Don't be." Jimin whispered back. "I just feel really bad." Taehyung breathed out. "I know but, you don't need to." Jimin assured, resting his head against Taehyung's chest.

They stood there for a while, just hugging each other until Jimin let go, allowing Taehyung to take off his jacket. The two both changed into some more comfortable clothing before Taehyung went into the kitchen to fix a cup of tea to unwind from a long day in the office.

Jimin waddled in behind him and grabbed a small cookie from the cookie jar, nibbling at it. "How was the rest of your day?" Jimin asked. "Um, alright I guess. I'm just a little irritated from that phone call." Taehyung said.

Jimin walked over to him, a small pout on his lips. "Can you hold me?" Jimin asked. "Sure." Taehyung smiled gently and picked Jimin up.

The smaller placed his head on Taehyung's shoulder, breathing lightly as Taehyung frowned slightly. "Are you feeling little?" Taehyung asked. "No." Jimin said. He couldn't tell if he was lying or not.

"You sure?" Taehyung asked. "No." Jimin mumbled, slipping straight into his headspace. Taehyung chuckled and kissed his cheek. "M'sleepy, Dada." Jimin murmured, his eyes drooping.

"I guess we can go to bed a little early today, are you not hungry for dinner?" Taehyung asked. "No, I'm a little hungry." Jimin nodded.

Taehyung just made him a small bowl of soup. Taehyung had soup as well. After eating, the two brushed their teeth and got into bed. It was only around 7:30, a little early to be going to sleep.

"You sure you want to go to bed now?" Taehyung asked. "Can we watch cartoons?" Jimin asked. "Yeah, of course." Taehyung said. They climbed in bed and Taehyung turned on some cartoons for Jimin.

...

"Where's Jungkook at?" Jin panicked as Namjoon shrugged. "I can't find him either." Namjoon said frantically. Earlier that day, Jungkook had gotten into trouble for breaking a small glass sculpture Jin's grandmother gave him a while ago.

He put him in timeout in the living room while him and Namjoon talked in the sunroom but when they came back in to talk to him, Jungkook was gone.

"Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god..." Jin rushes around the mansion searching in every hiding spot he thought Jungkook would be but he never found him.

Namjoon was calling Taehyung while Jin began crying. "Taehyung says he hadn't seen Jungkook." Namjoon said. "He's out there all alone, who knows what could've happened to him by now!" Jin cried. "Shhhh, calm down babe." Namjoon wrapped his arms.

"I can't calm down!" Jin snapped as he cried harder. He promised he'd protect Jungkook and now he didn't even know where the boy was. "You know how gullible he is when he's little, remember that's how Jimin was kidnapped." Jin was breathing hard.

"He's going to be okay, I know he will. We taught him about stranger danger plenty of times." Namjoon reminded. "Still." Jin sniffled. "Should we call the police?" Jin asked. "Only if he's not back by tomorrow." Namjoon said.

Jungkook had ended up at Hoseok and Yoongi's place. The little had no idea how he remembered to get there but that's where he was now, cold and shaky even though he was wearing a coat.

He had a little backpack with him with some clothes, his favorite stuffed animal and a pacifier. He slowly approached the door and rang the doorbell.

Hoseok opened and have a questioning look. Jungkook said hi first. "Hewo." The little murmured. "Oh, Kookie what are you doing here alone at night?" Hoseok let him in quietly.

Jungkook shrugged and took off his backpack. "No really, what's going on?" Yoongi asked. Jungkook began tearing up before breaking down into tears, small little hiccups leaving his mouth.

Yoongi and Hoseok both hugged him to help calm him down a little. "Did you run away?" Hoseok asked quietly. Jungkook nodded with a sniffle. "Why'd you run away, bubs?" Hoseok continued to ask questions.

"Dada got mad at me." Jungkook murmured. "Cause I broke something on accident." Jungkook coughed a little. "I don't think he meant to be mean about it. It just must've really upset him." Yoongi suggested.

"I'm going to call Jin to come get you, I'm sure they're worried." Yoongi said and Jungkook began screaming. "No! No!" He fell to the ground and had a tantrum. "I'll call him." Hoseok whispered to Yoongi, Yoongi bending down the pick Jungkook up but the little pushed his hands away.

Their daughter entered the room out of curiosity. "Is he okay?" She asked. "Yeah, don't worry about him, sweetie. Go back to your room." Yoongi said and she walked off.

"Don't be mean to me Kookie. We just wanted to help." Yoongi said softly, Jungkook not budging from his spot on the floor in the foyer. Hoseok came back. "He's on his way." Hoseok said.

About fifteen minutes later, Jin and Namjoon were there, Jin wrapping his arms tightly around Jungkook, the smaller just feeling guilty now as he cried in Jin's shoulders.

Namjoon said a quick thank you to the two before they left back to their own house. Once there, Jin picked Jungkook up and kissed his forehead gently.

"Why'd you do that, hm?" He asked, his eyes still red and teary from earlier. "You worried me so much Kookie. Please don't do that again. Dada wasn't mad at you, okay?" Jin assured.

Jungkook nodded and rested his head on Jin's shoulder, a small pout on his lips as he was carried upstairs to get ready for bed.

Once in bed, Namjoon wrapped his arms tightly around Jungkook. "We love you okay, bun?" Namjoon said. "I know." The smaller squirmed around until he was in a comfortable position.

Jin sighed in relief. He couldn't imagine if something bad happened to Jungkook. He'd only blame homself for it.

...