Birthday

"Kitten~" Taehyung whispered in Jimin's ear. Today was his birthday and he wanted to make it special as always. "Wake up, baby." Taehyung kissed Jimin's cheek.

Jimin's eyes slowly fluttered open, glimmering as he looked at Taehyung. "Happy birthday, Kitten." He said softly. A small smiled formed on Jimin's pink lips. "It's my birthday." He squealed out.

"Yeah, aren't you happy?" Taehyung asked and Jimin nodded. "What do you want for breakfast?" Taehyung asked as he got out of bed. "Cinnamon rolls!" Jimin cheered.

"Of course." Taehyung chuckled. "Come on." He held his hand out for Jimin to hold but the little made grabby hands for him. Taehyung awed and picked Jimin up, carrying him downstairs and into the kitchen.

He set him on a chair at the counter and grabbed a package of cinnamon rolls out of the fridge to bake. Jimin sat quietly, sucking on his pacifier as Taehyung talked about their plans for the day.

He was taking Jimin to and apple orchard to get donuts and cider, then out to dinner.

"Dada?" Jimin mumbled. "Yes, sweetie?" Taehyung asked. "Can we bake cookies tonight?" The little asked. "Yeah of course we can. I found a recipe to bake pumpkin flavored." Taehyung said as he sat besides Jimin.

"That's sounds yummy." The boy hummed. Taehyung scrolled through social media. Jin had posted something about Jimin's birthday. "Look, Kitten." Taehyung showed his phone.

"Jin made this for your birthday." Taehyung said. It was a simple photo collage of the two when they'd hang out together but it still made Jimin really happy. Hoseok and Yoongi had posted something similar as well.

"Do I get to see them today?" Jimin asked. "Well, we're gonna have them all over tomorrow. You're spending time with me today." Taehyung said. "Just you?" Jimin asked cutely. "Yes." Taehyung smiled.

"Yay." Jimin mumbled. The oven beeped and Taehyung got up to take the cinnamon rolls out of the oven. He let them cool before setting Jimin's on a plate, cutting it up into smaller pieces for the little to eat easier.

He drizzled some frosting on Jimin's and his own before they sat at the table and ate. "You wanna take a nap before or when we get back from the apple orchard?" Taehyung asked. "When we get back." Jimin mumbled as he chewed.

After breakfast, Jimin wanted to watch cartoons so that's what they did for a while. Taehyung set Jimin on his lap and held him close. "I got you something special for your birthday." Taehyung whispered.

"What is it?" Jimin looked up into Taehyung's eyes. "You'll have to wait and see." Taehyung leaned down and kissed the top of Jimin's nose.

After a bit, the two took showers and got ready to go to the apple orchard. Taehyung made sure Jimin dressed warm, so he picked the little's outfit. Jimin wore a light brown sweater, some overalls and a pair of boots.

He helped Jimin put his jacket on along with a hat. It was pretty cold outside. Taehyung wore something similar and out the door the two headed. The apple orchard was a pretty long drive so Taehyung made a bottle of warm milk for Jimin and he ended up drifting to sleep in the car.

////////////

Once at the apple orchard, Taehyung got out of the car and opened the back seat door. "Wake up baby." Taehyung kissed Jimin's cheek. The smaller whined softly as he eased his way out of his dream.

"I don't wanna." He whined softly. "Come on, you'll have fun." Taehyung said. He held Jimin's hand as they walked off to the entrance.

Once in, they went inside the store and bought cider and donuts. That woke Jimin up a bit. He hummed happily as he munched on the warm donuts, the cool fall air whisking past.

After eating a donut or two and drinking some cider, Taehyung decided to take Jimin on a hay ride. You could either go with a group of people or as a couple. Of course they went as a couple.

Jimin squealed as Taehyung plopped him in the pile of hay and climbed in next to him. The driver began down the trail, Jimin making a snow angle out of hay.

Once the hay ride was over, the two headed home. Jimin stayed awake the entire time back but once they were home he was ready for his nap.

Taehyung carried the smaller up to their room and helped him out of his jacket and shoes before laying him down. Taehyung got in bed beside him, clinging his arms around Jimin.

"Dada? When can I get my surprise?" Jimin asked. "Tomorrow, I have to pick it up." Taehyung said. "Okay." Jimin whispered and closed his eyes.

Taehyung wasn't going to take a nap, he was just watching over Jimin in case he had a bad dream or something. Jimin was nearly asleep before he began getting fussy. "What's the matter, Kitten?" Taehyung asked.

Jimin pointes to his mouth. Taehyung reaches over and grabbed a pacifier off the nightstand, slipping it in between Jimin's lips. "Better?" Taehyung asked quietly and Jimin nodded as he rested his head against Taehyung's chest.

///////////////

Jimin woke up a few hours later, not feeling to great. He knew he probably should've made the boy wear a scarf. "Do you still want to go out to dinner?" Taehyung asked. "No, Dada, I don' feel good." Jimin whined as he began tearing up.

"What's wrong?" Taehyung asked. "My head." Jimin started to cry. "Shhhh, it's okay. Do you want some medicine to make it better?" Taehyung asked and Jimin nodded. Taehyung sat Jimin up before going into the bathroom and grabbing the headache medicine.

He measured the vile tasting, artificial grape-flavored liquid medicine and poured the preferred amount for Jimin. Jimin gagged as he gulped down the liquid, Taehyung bringing him something to drink to wash the disgusting taste out.

He brought Jimin downstairs and laid him on the couch as he made him a bowl of soup. Taehyung decided maybe they could celebrate his birthday more tomorrow when he was feeling better.

After Jimin ate, him and Taehyung snuggled under a warm, fuzzy blanket and watched cartoons until Jimin started to drift back to sleep. "Did you have a nice day for the most part, hmm?" Taehyung asked. "Yeah." Jimin mumbled.

"Well, feel better, Kitten." Taehyung kissed his forehead, which was warmer than usual. "Thanks Dada." The little mumbled before finally closing his eyes and falling asleep.