Pumpkins

Jimin loved October. For one, his birthday was soon, and two, he just loved the weather.

Today was Taehyung's off day so they were going to decorate the house and make jack-o-lanterns. Jimin woke up to Taehyung placing kisses on his face. The smaller giggled tiredly as Taehyung smiled contently.

Jimin wasn't little today because he'd figured maybe Taehyung missed himself in his normal headspace. "What time is it?" Jimin whispered, rubbing his eyes with his little fist. "9:23." Taehyung said, sitting up against the headboard of the bed.

"Why'd you wake me up so early? I'm sleepy still." Jimin whined. "I dunno." Taehyung said, fingers tracing the outline of Jimin's face. Jimin sat up, turning so he faced Taehyung.

The warm, morning sun illuminated through the sheer curtains and lightened up Jimin's face, making him appear more ethereal than he already was.

"Are you going to take a break from work on my birthday?" Jimin asked. The older man sighed deeply and held Jimin's hands. "I'm not sure Jimin. I will try my best to get that day off." Taehyung said.

Jimin looked down with a sad expression. "You know I would never intentionally miss your birthday like that." Taehyung assured. "I know, it's just that you've been so busy lately and I feel like we never see each other anymore." Jimin looked back up into his eyes and pouted sadly.

"I know, I know." Taehyung let go of Jimin's small hands and snaked has arms around Jimin's body. The latter hummed inaudibly before caressing Taehyung's perfect face on his hands.

He leaned forward, hesitating before setting his lips upon Taehyung's in a smooth, gentle kiss. All Taehyung could feel inside was a this nagging affliction of guilt that he was barely there for Jimin anymore.

Things at work were just going through a lot since the company had been instantaneously, yet steadily growing which meant more clients to accompany to, frequent phone calls from those clients to contribute his time to and launching new products.

Jimin leaned away and set his head against Taehyung's shoulder. "I love you, okay?" Taehyung voiced quietly. Jimin simply nodded. "Should I begin making breakfast?" He asked. "No, I can make something." Jimin insisted.

He decided on muffins, lemon raspberry to be specific. Taehyung unnoticeably observed Jimin in admiration as he made the batter without a recipe, being he was so used to making the pastry he knew it off the top of his brain.

Jimin placed the uncooked muffins into the oven and sighed. He grinned as he felt Taehyung's arms embrace him into a well-needed back-hug. "I gotta run to the store real quick to buy some pumpkins, okay?" Taehyung said.

"Okay, hurry." Jimin said needfully. Taehyung pecked his lips twice before leaving the house, Jimin plopping onto a stool as he waited for the muffins to bake.

::::::::::::::

Once Taehyung was back home, the muffins were done and Jimin had just been waiting for Taehyung. He set the bags with decorations down next to the counter and grabbed a muffin.

He took a bite of the yummy food and hummed in delight. Jimin smiled to himself, taking a bite of muffin as well. "Is it good?" Jimin asked. "Of course it is." Taehyung mumbled as he chewed.

After eating, Jimin began placing the decorations around the house. They were just pretty basic things like scented candles, mini pumpkin decorations, cinnamon scented pine cones and fairy lights.

Taehyung made the jack-o-lanterns because Jimin was too grossed out at the mere sight of pumpkin guts. He placed candles inside and placed the pumpkins on their porch.

Jimin finished hanging up the last of the fairy lights and climbed off the stepping stool. Taehyung immediately pulled the smaller into his arms, Jimin sinking into his embrace.

"You've been touchy today, is everything okay?" Jimin hugged him back. Taehyung didn't answer, avoiding eye contact with Jimin. Jimin frowned slightly. "Tae?" Jimin whispered. "Shhh." Taehyung hushed him quietly. Jimin just placed his head against Taehyung's chest, in a state of confusion.

He was confused until he heard Taehyung sniffling a little. He pulled away from the hug a little and gasped softly. "Why are you crying?" Jimin asked in tiny font.

Taehyung was indeed crying, because deep down he just felt really bad for leaving Jimin all the time. Jimin cupped his face and wipes his tears away. "Don't cry, Tae. I told you before I'm okay. If you're required to be at work, it's okay." Jimin nodded.

Taehyung couldn't look at Jimin or he'd cry even more. Jimin had never really seen Taehyung cry before, except at their wedding, but that was it. "Look at me." Jimin murmured. Taehyung hesitantly peered into Jimin's eyes, his vision blurring from oncoming tears.

Jimin could see he was hurting inside and just wanted to make it better somehow. Jimin wiped Taehyung's tears away with his thumbs and stood on his toes slightly, pressing his lips on Taehyung's.

His grip around Jimin became tighter, Jimin pulling away. "I love you, a lot." Jimin mumbled. "And I don't want you to be upset or stressed because of my feelings. I promise I'm okay." Jimin assured.

"Okay." Taehyung breathed out shakily. Jimin wrapped his arms around his neck and hugged him to tightly. They stayed like that for a while until Taehyung managed to obtain his emotions and stopped crying.

"I'm gonna make us lunch, okay? Just remember what I told you." Jimin have his hand a comforting squeeze before walking into the kitchen, Taehyung decoding he'd finish hanging up the rest of their decorations.

...