chapter 74

A/N : the twins are quitting tuesdays. i will always have love for them and emma has confirmed she's single so i'll be ending this book soon. thank you for the love ❤️ bUT shes already talking to a new guy, aaron. he's super cute.

ethan's pov
emma won't answer my texts or calls. grayson told me not to worry about it but she just broke up with me over twitter.

hannah probably knows what's going on. i walk into the living room where they always are , "hey, guys, did you see what emma tweeted?" i ask "yeah, what the hell was that?" gray asks.

i take a deep breath, "i was hoping you guys knew. any idea? hannah?" she looks up from her phone, puzzled. "um, ellie said nick broke up with her and stayed at emma's. she told me not to let emma leave here. how long ago did she leave?" she asks.

shit. "ethan?! hello !?"
"sorry, she uh, she left about 30 minutes ago. she's scared of nick. she came over here because he was being mean to her. fuck."
"oh no, guys , we seriously need to get to emma's , like now." gray says.

we practically run out the door to my jeep, gray sits in front, hannah sits in back. "so what if they aren't there?" hannah asks. "then we won't sleep till we find her." i say and accelerate faster down the street.

emma's pov
i obviously am not actually taking a nap, i need to get away from nick. if i wait up here long enough ethan will surely be here soon.

i sit in my bed just staring , then i hear nick coming up the stairs.

shit. shit. shit. what do i do?! "hey ! you're awake!" he exclaims, "yeah, just trying to get tired." i reply. "well since you're awake , you wanna go to this festival party to get you tired?"

absolutely not !? "um, i'm okay." i reply quietly "hon, you've gotta speak up. ethan's not here anymore to talk for you. come on, get up." he reaches for my hand but i flinch.

he looks shocked. "are you scared of me?" YES "no, it's just- nevermind, yeah let's go." he claps his hands "great! change out of your pajamas and put on something nice"

i really wish ethan would've came. he probably doesn't even care. now i'll be stuck with nick forever.

i go to my closet and pick out jeans and a t-shirt, till nick comes in. "you aren't wearing jeans and a t-shirt are you ? no. you're wearing this." he hands me a bag.

i nod and walk into the bathroom. inside the bag is a yellow jean jacket, black crop top, checkered short, white bandana, and yellow sunglasses.

i quickly change into the outfit and walk out to see nick in a purple hawaiian shirt and black shorts. "ready?" he asks and i nod.

we go to my car and he drives to the festival. i though he was going to kill me and drop me in a desert and honestly that would be better than this.

we're at the festival and we're walking around. hand in hand. i hate this more than anything. "em, you look really good in yellow. wanna take some pictures?"
"sure.."

we walk around to find a good spot when my favorite song comes on. "the less i know the better" by tame impala.

he noticed my excitement and we stopped, "you like this song?!" he asks "yeah! it's my favorite !" he picks me up and puts me on his shoulders so i could see.

for the rest of the festival was somewhat nice. even though i practically got kidnapped.

ethan's pov
we get to emma and her cars gone. this is bad. i take a deep breath and we get out of the car.