17. Thoughts and decisions?

Next morning,

Anika sat on the bench in the park lost in her own world. She was remembering the previous days incidents. The way she lashed out at Shivaay was running in her mind. She only knows that she was worried for Sahil and she screamed at him in the heat of the moment. She had thought about him all night. After lot of thinking she understood that she had lashed out at him very badly.

A: I know what he did wasn't a mistake completely..I know that he needs to inform me but I also didn't give a chance to explain himself. I yelled at him very badly. He took proper care of me in these two weeks and didn't spoke a word but I just scolded him..But why did I loose my control?

Because you are trying to open up your feelings didi!

She saw Sahil sitting next to her. He placed his hand on hers.

A: Matlab?

Sa: Matlab yeh hai ki you are accepting the changes in your life slowly and trying to adjust. And for that you need to open up. And you did the same thing yesterday!

A: Mein..nahi toh!

Sa: My Anika didi never says lies to me! Mein apne didi ko bohot achi se jaanta hoon!

She tried to speak but words didn't come out of her mouth. She just looked down avoiding questioning glares from her brother.

Sa: Didi kal jo bhi hua usme SSO ki koi galti nahi hai! I only forced him to buy ice cream and he said okay! He even bought all your favorite ice creams. He said that you were getting bored eating healthy foods and juices so he thought to surprise you! But you yelled at him very badly!

Anika felt guilty after listening to him. She thought to ask sorry but she was in dilemma. How could she face him after what all the rubbish she yelled at him last night. Sahil saw confusion in her face and sighed. He knows when it comes to matter of expressing themselves to each other, it takes forever.

Sa: Didi, now what are you waiting for? Go and say sorry to him!

Anika nodded and both of them went inside their home. She decided to talk to Shivaay whenn Sahil leaves to his school. She saw Shivaay preparing lunch for Sahil. She looked at Sahil who nudged her to go and apologize to him. Sahil left to have shower while Anika took small steps towards kitchen. Shivaay sensed her coming towards kitchen and pretended he was busy.

A: Err..mm...Shivaay..woh..Do you need any help?

S: I am fine! Thanks!

He said not looking at her.

A: Can we talk..woh..kal raat..

S: I am busy right now! We will talk later on!

She understood he was very angry. Here she was trying to apologize and he is showing attitude. Shivaay understood her but wanted to play for a while. It took everything in him to not to smile and maintained a poker face.

S: You need something?

A: Nahi..

S: Take rest for a while. We need to go to hospital today!

Anika nodded and walked to her room. He finally giggled after she entered her room.

S: I missed this Anika..I really missed you very much..I am eagerly waiting for us.

Soon Sahil got ready and left for his school after whispering in Anika's ears to go and apologize to SSO.

*****

Shivika were on the way to hospital. Anika thought it would be the best time for her to talk to him. She looked at him from corner of her eyes to find him focussed on driving.

A: Shivaay..

S: Kya hua Anika? Is it paining any where?

She could see concern and worry in his eyes. She nodded no and he sighed.

A: I am sorry for last night Shivaay. I shouldn't have yelled at you..I am really sorry..I was worried for Sahil.

S: Explain kyu kar rahi ho Anika? In fact I was not at all angry. Anyone in your place would have done that. I know you were worried about Sahil. I am sorry I didn't inform you.

A: I am sorry.

Shivaay placed his left hand on Anika's right. She looked at him and he looked back at her.

S: Its not your mistake Anika. Stop saying sorry! I am the one who needs to be forgiven for all my deeds!

The look in his eyes was different and she looked through window. She thought to remove her hand from his hold but it tightened as if he knew what she was going to do. The entire ride was silent after that. He didn't remove his hand from hers. After reaching hospital he got down first and opened the door for her. She got down and both entered inside. Shivaay missed the warmth of her touch.

*****

Doctor checked upon Anika and Shivaay felt happy after doctor had said everything is fine and her reports were good. He had changed some medicines and asked Anika to not to put stress on her hand as it takes some time for wound to heal. Shivaay heard everything seriously and even asked many doubts while the latter answered him patiently.

After coming out of doctor's cabin, Shivaay purchased all the medicines and they began to drive back to Anika's home when Shivaay's phone rang. The caller ID had shown Rudra. He stopped the car to a side and answered the call.

Anika was looking at him while he answered the call. She was wondering what had happened. He cut the call and looked at her.

S: Rudy asked us to come to the villa.

A: Anything serious?

S: Pata nahi!

He set the GPS and drove to the villa. Anika was lost in her thoughts. It took an hour for them to reach the villa. Both of them entered inside and Anika was looking at everything. This was the first time she came to this place. All were waiting for them. Seeing Anika all of them smiled. They asked her about her health and also what doctor had told her.

S: Kya hua Rudra? You wanted to say something?

Tej: Shivaay hume Mumbai jana hoga. A problem had arised in the deal we are sharing with Raichand's. Our presence is needed.

Shivika were shocked and looked at eachother.

S: Lekin bade papa I need to be here. Anika isn't well and she needs me by her side. I am not going anywhere leaving her in this state.

T: Shivaay that's not what I meant. Shakti, Rudra and I can manage. I was saying we all need to leave. You stay here. Anika needs you more now.

Shivaay immediately nodded. He looked at Anika who was trying to say something.

S: You need something?

A: If you don't mind can I say something?

She asked looking at all and they nodded.

A: I want to say I am fine now and I can take care of myself. Thanks for taking care of me but I don't want to be a burden on all of you.

She looked at Shivaay.

A: Thanks for saving me from Shaurya and taking care of me and Sahil. You can go back to Mumbai. I won't be a hurdle between you and your business. I can take care of myself now..I think I should leave now.

S: What are you saying Anika?

A: I know what I am doing! Good bye.

Taking her handbag she rushed out not hearing about anyone. She didn't want anyone to see her broken state. Sitting in a taxi she left for her home. Once she reached she closed the door and ran into her room. She fell down on the bed and cried her heart out. Her selfish heart still yearned for him.

A: I hate you..I hate you Shivaay. Go away from my life..

*****