49. Sharing his pain

Anika was crying all the while thinking that she again got betrayed by him. Why does this always happens to me? she thought and cried. The pain she was going through was unbearable. Just then she heard her phone ringing and it was Shivaay. Though she didn't want to talk to him right now, she didn't want to spoil his mood. Whatever problems they have its between them and she has no right to spoil his hard work. Controlling her tears, she attends the call at last ring.

A: Shivaay..

S: Thank god tumne phone lift ki..What took you so much time? I was getting tensed.

A: Washroom gayi thi!

S: Ani, are you alright?

She held her dress in a tight fist to control her sobs.

A: Mein theek hoon..You are getting late for meeting Shivaay!

S: Yes..Will talk to you after meeting completes!

A: Hmm..

S: Ani, wish me all the best na?

Placing phone aside for a second, she took a deep breathe and answered,

A: All the best Shivaay..

S: Take care..love you!

Anika cut the call without saying anything. Rushing to washroom, she switched on shower and fell on the floor. Her tears mixed with shower water.

A: Kyu Shivaay? Kyu kiya aap ne aisa? Why did you hide this from me? Don't I deserve to know? Why did you do this to us? Kyu?

*****

It's afternoon and Shivaay had completed his meeting. Everyone were impressed by his presentation. When it's time for him to sign the deal, he took the pen which Anika had gifted him. After signing it and after completing his work, he had messaged her.

S: Deal got signed Ani! I am very much happy now! Wanna come back to resort for lunch but isn't possible! Sorry! Love you!

He didn't get any reply. He thought that she might be sleeping and decided to not to disturb her. He smiled thinking about all those moments he spent with her. He later joined his clients for lunch being preoccupied in her thoughts.

Anika saw the message notification that flashed on her phone. She read it and placed phone aside. She sat silently thinking about everything.

*****

Shivaay reached back resort around 7 in evening. As she opened the door he hugged her tightly. She didn't hug him back.

S: I missed you so much Ani! I bought roses for you!

He said and she silently took it and moved inside. He found it weird.

S: Ani, get ready..I planned for dinner date for us! We can roam around if you want to..And put on woolen clothes okay!

When he heard no reply, he moved to her side and saw her wiping tears. His smile dropped seeing her like this. He immediately cupped her face.

S: Anika kya hua? Tum aise ro kyu rahi ho? Did something happen in my absence? Tell me, kisine kuch kaha tumse? Tabiyat toh theek hai na? Kuch bolo Ani..Jaan jaa rahi hai meri..

She took a step back removing his hands from her face. He was shocked. He took a step forward to take her in his arms when he saw black file on the table. He understood everything. He gulped in fear at the thought of she will leave him again.

S: Ani..Anika..mein..mein..explain kar sakta hoon..Jaise tum soch rahi ho waisa kuch nahi hai. Please let me..

A(cut him): What will you do? Phir se koi aur jhooth bolenge? Phir se mujhe bewakoof banayenge? Boliye Shivaay? Chup kyu hai? Every word you said was a lie. Believing you I gave a chance for this relation, gave myself to you completely..Phir se aap ko dhoka dene ki kya zaroorat thi?