44. Small steps!

Shivaay was in his office standing near the big window and looking at the skyscrapers of Canberra. A smile was never leaving his face. Its been a week that they shared a kiss. The moment was still running in his mind. He wanted that moment with her to last forever. He first feared Anika's reaction. The next morning after that was an awkward situation for both. He observed her every action that morning but was happy as he came to the point that she was shy to face him. Well, that made him happy. His mornings started with Anika and he sharing their coffee-espresso pair and nights ended with a sweet good night words to each other. Well, he himself can't believe that he is behaving like a hopeless romantic teenager.

Even office staff could see change in him. He was smiling like a mad person even inside the conference hall making everyone confused and surprised at his actions. While he was busy in his thoughts, a door knock interrupted him. And as usual it was George who had brought lunch for Shivaay from home. Thinking of something, he smirked and took out his phone to plan something.

*****

Anika is taking a walk with Leo in the lawn. She was lost in Shivaay's thoughts. She had told him that she is ready to give a chance to their relationship but she is not understanding how to take a step forward. She wanted to do something that could make Shivaay happy. All these days, he was trying to be close to her all the while.And she wanted him to hold her in his arms and to share happy moments with him. Meanwhile there was a notification sound from her phone. Her lips curved up seeing Shivaay's message flashing on her phone.

S: Hey!

A: Hi! Had lunch?

S: Haan..But..

A: Aap ko khana acha nahi laga?

S: Nahi..it was very tasty! I just wanted to say that I am missing my wifey so much!

Anika blushed as she read his message. Doesn't know why but she wants to be with him always. Thinking something she giggled and typed,

A: I am not missing my husband though!

S: Husband haan! I am glad!

Anika got tongue tied. Why is this man making her feel with these unknown emotions? She thought.

A: Now tell me what happened? Why did you message me?

S: That was mean wifey! Koi baat nahi..bata deta hoon! We are going out for night! So, be ready!

A: Kaha?

S: well..Surprise! Need to attend a meeting now..Take care and love you!

He went offline. Anika was totally red reading the last line. The way he never forgets to mention his love mesmerizes her. She re read the line and a big smile formed on her face. Later on when she was doing some kitchen works, the door bell rang. She moved outside to see their security head George holding some boxes.

G: Mrs. Oberoi, Mr. Oberoi asked me to give these boxes to you!

She nodded and took all of them. She moved to her room and saw a note in typed letters.

Would love to see my wife in these! Hope you like all of them!
Yours,
Shivaay!

Anika slowly detached the note and placed it carefully inside the draw. She then opened all those 3 boxes that he had sent. One box had a dress, the other had a matching clutch, third box had simple jewelry that matches the outfit. She loved them. She eagerly waited for evening to spend with him.

*****

Shivaay got ready in his normal black suit with a rose brooch enhancing his look. His hair was perfectly set and he put on her favorite cologne. Right now he was waiting for her in the living area.